Horrible news

Lair

TheEPICtrainrider

Because Lego has a legal duty to their stockholders to make money. Otherwise, Lego would be fine not selling out to Lucas arts. My teacher is making read 'The Corporation', so I know everything on this. And by that I mean what skimping the first four chapters tells you.

Despite the fact that I too disapprove of this, I must tell you

These games are designed for younger children, the same age group that the animated series is designed for, and thats the age group targeted by Lego in particular.

Yes, it probably won't turn out too well, and quite frankly I don't care. If it makes them money, great.

BTW I'm kinda disappointed in Lucas Arts for letting Lego produce this stuff. I've always had quite high ratings of them, mostly for their real movies.

Well the Lego StarWars games weren't too bad, too bad they just use the same regurgitated engine in each one.

I thought those were pretty stupid too. Also, they really do need a new engine, and a second/first person mode.

theextractor

what, did you not see this coming?

while i'm not a fan of the new clone wars legos, obviously as long as there is some form of new star wars media, lego will make star wars legos.

• 2 months later...

Because Lego has a legal duty to their stockholders to make money. Otherwise, Lego would be fine not selling out to Lucas arts. My teacher is making read 'The Corporation', so I know everything on this. And by that I mean what skimping the first four chapters tells you.

lego is a family company right?

As far as I know lego doesnt have any stockholders.

Bart's right, LEGO is indeed privately owned and has no stockholders. You can buy private stock through the company treasurer if they make it available, but I doubt LEGO would do that. So I wonder why they're selling out to everyone and their mothers if there aren't any corporate bigwigs to impress...

I gotta say that the sets I would REALLY like are those bug starwars models that cost a few hundred bucks. I am a Starwars fan, but I mainly like the challenge of a really complex lego set.

• 8 months later...

...Wait, isn't this the fourth game in the series?

It is indeed. And if they're going to say that LSW:TCS didn't count as the third since it was a merge of the last 2... well fail.

It is indeed. And if they're going to say that LSW:TCS didn't count as the third since it was a merge of the last 2... well fail.

You're the one who fails.

The Complete Saga is not the third game.

What you are counting as the third game is perhaps 3 new levels in the whole game.

That's like saying Minecraft Beta is a different game from Minecraft Classic because it has more stuff.

That's like saying Minecraft Beta is a different game from Minecraft Classic

No, it's like saying MC Beta is a different game from MC Alpha

You're the one who fails.

The Complete Saga is not the third game.

What you are counting as the third game is perhaps 3 new levels in the whole game.

That's like saying Minecraft Beta is a different game from Minecraft Classic because it has more stuff.

I did not ask for a post flaming me. Nor one where you fail to realize you can press the spacebar between sentances instead of 2 enters.

The Complete Saga is the third game. What I am counting as the third game is perhapse a different game from the other three because if it was not it would not be a game. And this topic isn't about failcraft.

"You're the one who fails."

Excuse me, but why was this in there? I don't know why you put it there, seeing as how I don't fail at all, and if it was directed to me it would be a random flame. I know it wasn't to me.

Now I want no more posts on what the third game is. This topic is discussing the Clone Wars game.

I actualy have grown to like the looks of this game. The only thing that I'm against is that it's Star Wars the Crap Wars themed and everyone has huge eyes. But the battles look neat.

The complete saga is the first and second game put together so it really isn't a third game.

This however is the third game in the series.

LEGO Star Wars, The Clone Wars: The Videogame...

WHAT THE [Please Talk Properly] IS LEGO TRYING TO PROVE??? They already made, like 2 1/2 other Star Wars games. Isn't that MORE than enough?

Seriously, LEGO... MAKE LESS LICENCED THEMED GAMES!!!!!

LEGO Star Wars, The Clone Wars: The Videogame...

WHAT THE [Please Talk Properly] IS LEGO TRYING TO PROVE??? They already made, like 2 1/2 other Star Wars games. Isn't that MORE than enough?

Seriously, LEGO... MAKE LESS LICENCED THEMED GAMES!!!!!

They're also making Lego Pirates of the Carrabien Video Game. Yes, that PotC. I've heard rumors of anther game in 2012 I don't even want to mention.

I haven't read the whole thread, but after reading the first few posts, I still don't get why this is bad news.

Because it's another licensed Lego game. And it's the 11th or so game done by Traveler's Tales.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.