Lego City: Undercover

Fluffy Cupcake

If only I had a Wii U...

BAD TOOL RAIDER. BAD. THAT'S A TERRIBLE THOUGHT.

The Wii U is garbageware. Get an Xbox, a PS3 or a PC with Steam. You'll thank me for years and years to come.

• Like 2

thetoolraider

If only I had a Wii U...

BAD TOOL RAIDER. BAD. THAT'S A TERRIBLE THOUGHT.

The Wii U is garbageware. Get an Xbox, a PS3 or a PC with Steam. You'll thank me for years and years to come.

Well, I actually have an Xbox, lol!

Fluffy Cupcake
Segatendo feels good about having a Nintendo product. (aka Wii)

It's an iPad you can only use when near a TV,

take $600 from our wallets

I'm not spending $598 to buy a console to play $108 games.

This, and it seems that Nintendo is just trying to copy everything they can now.

Segatendo feels good about having a Nintendo product. (aka Wii)

And what does the Wii have to do with the Wii U? Besides uncreative naming of course.

Though I should be asking why you're speaking in third-person, and why you have a slight attitude of superiority about it. :/

I would buy a Wii U just to play this game...

$700 isn't worth it. I think I'll wait.

Fluffy Cupcake

And what does the Wii have to do with the Wii U? Besides uncreative naming of course.

Though I should be asking why you're speaking in third-person, and why you have a slight attitude of superiority about it. :/

'Cause Extreme doesn't care if either Wii or Wii U, he thinks Nintendo is crap regardless.

'Cause Extreme doesn't care if either Wii or Wii U, he thinks Nintendo is crap regardless.

I don't recall Extreme expressing his opinions on the Wii or Nintendo at all, all he did was point out the many flaws of the Wii U. Also that doesn't explain why your post had that attitude. The console looks overly awkward with the PSP-like controller that will probably cause neck and eye strains from glancing between the remote and the TV, and the price is absurd compared to other prices Nintendo has had. Maybe it will be better than it looks to me right now, but it sure looks nutty at the moment.

Also games for $108, no thanks.

Fluffy Cupcake

I don't recall Extreme expressing his opinions on the Wii or Nintendo at all, all he did was point out the many flaws of the Wii U. Also that doesn't explain why your post had that attitude. The console looks overly awkward with the PSP-like controller that will probably cause neck and eye strains from glancing between the remote and the TV, and the price is absurd compared to other prices Nintendo has had. Maybe it will be better than it looks to me right now, but it sure looks nutty at the moment.

Also games for $108, no thanks.

Not here specifically.. but other places around RRU. I had that attitude cause.. idk, I don't have a valid reason. Basically was just being the opposite of what Extreme was saying.

Yeah, the Wii U is quite.. something. Probably won't be getting it right when it comes out (if at all), espesially with those game prices.

The prices are atrocious considering that the Wii U is going to launch with a bunch of titles that will be a year old. I heard Mass Effect and Batman (maybe AA) would be two possible launch titles. The only reason they would be on the Wii U would be to prove how powerful the console is compared to the previous generation. Granted, we're hitting the limits on graphics (stuff is getting so realistic that to go much further would be like the difference between 0.9c and the speed of light) so this is basically showing everyone that Nintendo caught up.

I hope the wiiPad will end up like the Wiimote; milked for all its worth for the first year, then developers realize they don't need its gimmickyness and will go back to controls that we're more used to.

• Like 2

If the WiiU had been released 3/4 years ago, it might have been a contender, but in Nintendo style, they are using old tech and pricing it as if it was new tech. HD has been around for years (before 2006?), the screen on the controller is using old(and cheap) resistive tech rather then the new smooth capacitive screen found on PSVita, Ipod Touches etc... The've mixed handheld and standard consoles to create an ugly brickpad. They might as well have made the controllers wired because you can't go anywhere without the base unit anyway.

The games that will come out for it be poor ports of the games made for the hardcore consoles. They've also created there own non-standard disc for the console, so who knows if you'll be able to read the files on your PC.

You'll be wasting your money if you go out an buy this for a game or two. Wait 5 years until the unit is only worth $100-200. Your money is better spent on a next gen console (the next xbox/ps) which will have far newer hardware, more features and better games.

From a sales perspective, Nintendo consoles are aimed at ages 6-13. I can say this because I sell far more of their consoles to that age range. The only people that seem to buy a Wii that is above 15 are people buying them for their girl friends, single parents with kids or EPIC Nintendo nerds that are always looking for the latest 200th remake of Mario. 14 and higher are normalling always PS3/Xbox sales (usually bought with COD, Assassins Creed or GT5)

The Age to Console Sales range looks something like this (going from youngest to oldest)

LeapPad Explorer > Nintendo > Xbox > PS3

• Like 2

The games that will come out for it be poor ports of the games made for the hardcore consoles.

How do you know they'll be poor? (the ones that don't use the silly touchscreen anyway...ow my neck)

They've also created there own non-standard disc for the console, so who knows if you'll be able to read the files on your PC.

So? The Gamecube and Wii used unusual discs too (though with Nintendo's file format strange and not whatever this disc is like).

...or are you saying something different and I derped

You'll be wasting your money if you go out an buy this...

Your money is better spent on a next gen console

Or old games :af:

Nintendo nerds that are always looking for the latest 200th remake of Mario.

SMB only had one remake in the early 90s. :smug:

How do you know they'll be poor? (the ones that don't use the silly touchscreen anyway...ow my neck)

*Looks at Wii ports* *Looks back* Yah. There have been many examples of ports to other consoles that have been bad.

So? The Gamecube and Wii used unusual discs too (though with Nintendo's file format strange and not whatever this disc is like).

...or are you saying something different and I derped

This was more at Extreme's "importing resources" he mentioned. Custom discs also make it difficult to 'backup' games. If the game uses more than 8gb, you won't be able to play backups unless you can run games from extrenal HDD's. Because WiiU can't play blurays and DVD's are too small.

SMB only had one remake in the early 90s. :smug:

I was including all the spin-offs... paper mario, galaxy etc etc etc....

Wait. Aren't they doing a version od LEGO City: Undercover for the 3DS? Or was that canned?

Because I had no plans of buying a Wii U ever since they said they were using that God-awful thing they like to call a "controller". What's that? There's this thing called "Gorilla Glass" that makes touchscreens better, and Apple's been using it in its devices for YEARS? Nah, I think I'll pass and keep on using our outdated screens.

I mean, seriously. Nintendo has no idea what people want. They keep on reinventing controllers, thinking we'll move on to those. Well, if there's anything I learned about gaming, it's either a regular controller or PC. NOTHING else will do. Nintendo made great games (still does), but the hardware since the Wii (maybe even the Gamecube) has been below standard. It's what's been turning me from new Nintendo games. I'd love to play Pikmin 3 and LCI, but the hardware's WAAAAY too expensive for my blood. And it's crappy.

Well you know what they say: "Empires rise and fall." Now if only I could get another N64...

thetoolraider

I think we're getting a bit "off-topic" now, talking only about the Wii U console with the actual game left behind...

Yeah now that I think about it, most Wii games not by Nintendo or someone tied with Nintendo haven't done well. I guess I don't really know much bout that stuff.

Custom discs also make it difficult to 'backup' games.

They also make it difficult to pirate games.

I was including all the spin-offs... paper mario, galaxy etc etc etc....

How do either Paper Mario or Galaxy resemble a re-make of SMB?

I mean, seriously. Nintendo has no idea what people want. They keep on reinventing controllers, thinking we'll move on to those.

This. It's also why I find all that kinect and that PS3 purple-light-thing silly.

That'll happen one way or another. If you can't use normal drives to read them, they'll crack the WiiU(which they will do regardless of the disc anyway).

How do either Paper Mario or Galaxy resemble a re-make of SMB?

I didn't say Super Mario Bros. I just said Mario remakes. You already know what I meant.

That'll happen one way or another. If you can't use normal drives to read them, they'll crack the WiiU(which they will do regardless of the disc anyway).

Yeah, but they'll at least try. And keep trying. And keep trying. Even when it keeps failing. I see where they're coming from, but it's not something that will work. And anyway, you can use certain drives to read them, so oh well.

I didn't say Super Mario Bros. I just said Mario remakes. You already know what I meant.

No, I didn't know what you meant. That's why I asked. And now it makes less sense, since Mario is a franchise, and I can't see how entries in a franchise are remakes of the entire series.

Yeah, but they'll at least try. And keep trying. And keep trying. Even when it keeps failing. I see where they're coming from, but it's not something that will work. And anyway, you can use certain drives to read them, so oh well.

If they can get regular consumer-end drives to read both PS3 discs and XBox discs with custom firmware (and trust me, I know they have because I've used both kinds of drives), they'll get something for the Wii U discs.

I believe it will take them less time to crack the WiiU then the Xbox and PS3. But whatever the case, they will crack it.

No, I didn't know what you meant. That's why I asked. And now it makes less sense, since Mario is a franchise, and I can't see how entries in a franchise are remakes of the entire series.

You are over thinking things... I am simply talking about all the games that they have released in which Mario was a character in it.

I believe it will take them less time to crack the WiiU then the Xbox and PS3. But whatever the case, they will crack it.

Oh definitely, they're using some new disc format licensed by another company to save money. I expect to see games online in a very short amount of time.

You are over thinking things... I am simply talking about all the games that they have released in which Mario was a character in it.

I'm not over-thinking things, I'm just trying to understand what you meant. If you had said "200th Mario game" then I'd know what you meant and not said anything.I had no idea what you meant because you said "200th Mario REMAKE" and I assumed you meant SMB (which doesn't make sense), but now it makes less sense 8S

lol username

Wait. Aren't they doing a version od LEGO City: Undercover for the 3DS? Or was that canned?

Right after the LC:U Wii U trailer played at E3, they confirmed the 3DS version is still in the works, and they also confirmed that it will have different content and story from the Wii U version. No screens or video as of yet though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.