Morbius fanclub

Lair

@TalonCard: About 'Chamon'... He indeed seems to be actually the red alien, not the (gray) leader. I have a small commercial comic/catalogue that confirms this. The name was also mentioned in a later issue of the club magazine.

So far I've uploaded issue 2: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=536458

I'll update that over the coming weeks, so I will not have to post every single bit here, just check that folder ;) As the forum members and/or Google seem to do a fairly decent job at translating, I will do this further on only at request; to keep on scanning :D

Finally just a litle word about the way the several issues were published:

In 1997 every issue consisted of 4 (physical) different paper works:

Introduction Letter: A short overview of the recent issue, personally addressed to the individual subscriber. Also the only place were certain issue specific gimmicks were listed.

Magazin (Magazine): Mostly centred around the actual series that was on commercial focus (e.g. Fright Knights) including a photo story, a 'feature story' that tells you background info on the topic of the theme (medieval wizards, time machines, sub marines etc.), the Time Cruisers Comic, a few puzzles and mazes and the occasional article about LEGO Technic or Legoland.

Activity Pack: Consider it a sort of Idea Book. It contained Instructions (some of them were actually identical to US Mania Magazine), Member created models and more puzzles and stuff.

Shop: A mail order shop that was quite different from Shop at Home in terms of offer. Rather than selling actual sets, it was all about merchandise: clothes, key chains, patches, school and office stuff and so on.

• Like 2

Hey Dark_Turtle, the Brickshelf folder isn't public yet, they take several days to be moderated each time - could you continue uploading them here, or link directly to the images? Thanks, looking forward to more! :D

I'm betting that Izralda/Willa/Hubble Bubble will rebuild the castle into this configuration to make it a Star Tower.

Well, you were right. That is exactly what happens in part 2.

Also, I tried to change my avatar to this last night, but RRU's cache wouldn't update:

tim.png

THIS FORUM ISN'T BIG ENOUGH FOR TWO TIMEBUSTERS >:C

I'm kidding, I don't care really.

Strange that the name Chamon was assigned to two different characters. I wonder if maybe someone confused the two minifigures, much like what seems to be the case with Jock Clouseau and the two minifigures used to represent him.

Finally just a litle word about the way the several issues were published:

Great to know all of this - I think a lot of the time the extra content that came with some of the older LEGO magazines becomes lost or forgotten. The introduction letter idea reminds me a lot of Brickmaster.

Thanks again for going to the trouble of scanning all of this!

I'm betting that Izralda/Willa/Hubble Bubble will rebuild the castle into this configuration to make it a Star Tower.

Well, you were right. That is exactly what happens in part 2.

And what's more, the telescope at the top of the tower is used as a beacon. Quite a cool idea.

Also, I tried to change my avatar to this last night, but RRU's cache wouldn't update:

I'm sensing a pattern here...

gallery_3221_387_119696.png

EDIT:

Second Time Cruisers comic with Translations. I'll translate the entire issue at some point, but for now I'll prioritize the comics (in other words, I'll start on the rest of the magazine, but if Dark_Turtle puts up another issue before I finish I'll translate the comic from it before returning to this issue).

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

EDIT 2:

COUNT BATLORD IS ANGRY: WHO HAS KIDNAPPED MY BRAVE KNIGHTS?

• Like 1

Many thanks again for doing this, Dark_Turtle. It's great to see the UFO leader finally come into play, and the Indian comic is fantastic. I wish they did these nowadays...

@TalonCard: About 'Chamon'... He indeed seems to be actually the red alien, not the (gray) leader. I have a small commercial comic/catalogue that confirms this. The name was also mentioned in a later issue of the club magazine.

Ah, I think that may be a version of the one I saw! I'd love to see that cataloc/comic if you get a chance to scan it. :)

I now understand why Alpha Draconis is afraid of his own face.

No kidding! It's a great interpretation of the character. I can't make out the dialogue; is he called Chamon here? Or something else? I'm interested to see if Izralda's term "Star People" is just what she calls them or if that's what they call themselves. Surely they don't identify themselves as UFOs. ;)

I can't wait for the next part!

TC

No kidding! It's a great interpretation of the character. I can't make out the dialogue; is he called Chamon here? Or something else? I'm interested to see if Izralda's term "Star People" is just what she calls them or if that's what they call themselves. Surely they don't identify themselves as UFOs. ;)

I can't wait for the next part!

TC

I haven't finished translating everything yet, but he introduces himself as IXVIZIKIL, the ruler of the Star People. Interestingly, Tim and Count Batlord seem to initially assume he is just an emissary from the actual Star People.

Interesting. I'm starting to wonder if some of these names aren't unique to the comic...and if maybe the writer was just hitting his keyboard at random. ;) Star People, though! Excellent, I'm glad we finally have something to call them. They seem to have a far more nuanced and alien culture than, say, the Alien Conquest race... (And actually, do they have a name?!)

TC

In the comic, they keep calling themselves the 'Star People' but I'm not sure why. Obviously it was supposed to be just a term made by the medieval humans there. It may have been still used simply to avoid unneccessary confusion or in lack of any better name.

And well, they had an official name for them:

'Zotaxians' from the planet Zotax. It's been mentioned at least in three different sources, one of them being the official german catalogue from 1998. I'm not sure but I think even the UK catalogue mentioned the name.

And well, they had an official name for them:

'Zotaxians' from the planet Zotax. It's been mentioned at least in three different sources, one of them being the official german catalogue from 1998. I'm not sure but I think even the UK catalogue mentioned the name.

That's for the Insectoids species. TalonCard said Alien Conquest.

Okay, here's the translated version of the third Time Cruisers comic. I noticed that Ali is speaking, as opposed to the picture-thoughts we saw in the other comics. I guess it is a case of the author's depiction of a character evolving over time.

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

On another note, something I noticed a while ago but kept forgetting to post about:

timcruiser.png

When/why does it change to Tim Timebuster? And is it just a coincidence that the Timebuster name is shared by Max, given that it was apparently assigned to Tim quite possibly later than 1997, where Max dates to around 1994? 8S

• Like 3

You forgot to translate a panel on page 4, but otherwise thank you.

This is dragging on for quite a while, all the other comics were only an issue or two.

Someone needs to do build the Witch Cruiser STAT.

Okay, page four should be fixed now. Sorry about that.

I would enjoy trying to build a Witch Cruiser at some point, but for the time being I lack both the Flying Time Vessel and Witch's Magic Manor. The model also has some giant brooms on it that look suspiciously unlike any real LEGO elements...

In the comic, they keep calling themselves the 'Star People' but I'm not sure why. Obviously it was supposed to be just a term made by the medieval humans there. It may have been still used simply to avoid unneccessary confusion or in lack of any better name.

The witch seems to know a lot about them; it seems likely she could have learned what they call themselves. The alien leader seems pretty easily discouraged, though.  ;)

A continuity note: the comic describes the Star People as being from another universe entirely; this is consistent with the 1997 Castle/UFO commercial.

These comics are exactly what I wished the Mania Magazine comics were like. So much so that, had I known they existed back then, I'm pretty sure my head would have exploded or something.  :P  :lol:   Can't wait for the next installment!

TC

Wow this topic is huge. You're all doing an amazing job, it's so interesting to see everything being translated, "bad translations" included :P

Very nice! I don't have the time to do run these through google translate tonight, but the Time Cruisers comic looks cool from what I could make of it. I was more interested in the Divers comic involving Atlantis though, and what appears to be a new name for at least one Divers character (maybe more, couldn't understand much).

@jamesster: well, indeed there's a Divers character named here as 'Captain Chester'. The name was also mentioned in that TC Game I mentioned earlier. But I'm not sure if that refers to any specific minifig, although my guess is, that he may be http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?M=div015 or any variation of that guy (guess that face was Divers exclusive but not sure). And no, the comic does not give any other names.

For some reason I can't help but feel my favorite part of the Time Cruisers comic in this issue is just how a black snake is incorporated as the antagonist. It's a great example of how closely the comics are sticking to what is in the actual sets - the only 'villains' in the Native American-themed Wild West sets were black snakes, so a black snake is the villain in the comic. The misunderstanding at the end allows for a more interesting danger to Tim without going outside the boundaries of what LEGO produced for purchase.

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

• Lair changed the title to Morbius fanclub

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.