Morbius fanclub

Lair

It is definitely really strange that that advertisement has pictures of a World Club Magazine issue from before the magazine debuted. I can't think of a reason for it

It might be a foreshadowing on what is to come ...

It is definitely really strange that that advertisement has pictures of a World Club Magazine issue from before the magazine debuted. I can't think of a reason for it

Although Klick is actually German, at the bottom right it says Le Magazine Lego which is french... it might also have been published in France?  :whistle:

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

I have no idea who this Aquanauts scientist is, but he's creeping me out.

I almost want to think that he's a subtle parody of the Dr. Cyber minifigure. If Hagen did design the original Dr. Cyber, seeing the zanier plastic counterpart for the first time might have been a bit shocking to him.

Although Klick is actually German, at the bottom right it says Le Magazine Lego which is french... it might also have been published in France?  :whistle:

It was definitely published in France, although the earlier issues (1996, 1995, 1994) seem to be restricted to Austria, from what I've been able to gather.

• Like 2

I'm just awed at the amount of material that has been posted over the last few days. :) :) :)

I'm amused to see that Tim has finally been given another time machine of sorts, after somehow traveling through space and time again from Armeron to Aquazone without the aid of a machine. :lol:  Love the Professor Hydronis character, though.

TC

Those Stingrays look creepy. The Aquanauts aren't much better.

Insectoid vehicles have a 'Reassembly' switch? What, and since it's just like the Time Cruiser, so therefore the TC has a reassembly switch? :gasp:

Another thing: Surely you could hold down the reassembly switch to create an invincible vehicle?

I love how Ali always thinks in pictures.

In the second to last frame, that Aquazone guy looks really weird...

Why is it that Time instantly befriends nearly everyone he sees within about five seconds? And how come everyone believes him?

At the end of the last comic, I'm just wondering 'Whatever next...' <_<

Another thing: Surely you could hold down the reassembly switch to create an invincible vehicle?

That's...a pretty awesome idea, actually.

TC

Hallfiry reporting in. I'm the guy who originally uploaded the Rockraiders comic to imgur and mentioned it on Wikipedia. My Lego World Club magazines are pretty damaged, since I didn't treat them very well when I was a child. But because you guys seem to have such interest in them, here's a scan of the Rockraiders issue of Lego World Club (9-10/1999):

[for link see list below]

The PDF contains only pages 1-12 and 21-32. The eight pages 13-20 are ripped out of my physical copy and seem to be lost.

Pages 10/11 and 22/23(which is 14/15 in the PDF) should make you drool ;)

I'll check the attic for more issues and scan them all tomorrow.

EDIT: Found the following issues:

1998: 9-10(damaged), 11-12(damaged)

1999: 3-4(damaged), 5-6(complete), 7-8(damaged), 9-10(damaged)

2000: 1-2(complete), 3-4(complete), 11-12(complete)

2001: 5-6(damaged), 7-8(complete), 9-10(complete)

2002: 1-2(complete), 3-4(complete), 5-6(complete+Extrablatt), 9-10(complete)

2003: 9(complete)

2004: -

2005: -

2006: 4(complete), 5(complete)

I'll scan them in chronological order, starting with the oldest.

EDIT2:

Found some more stuff!

Lego World Club mach mit!

1999: 1-2, 5-6, 11-12

2000: 5-6

Lego World Club shop (later "Shop At Home")

1999: 3-4, 5-8, 9-10, 11-12

2000: 3-4, 5-8

2001: 5-6, Fall-Winter

2002: 1-2

• Like 3

Well, that was unexpected! Thank you in advance/now for the scans. It looks like if you're able to scan everything, Dark_Turtle will have significantly fewer issues to worry about uploading himself.

And as always, it is wonderful to have a better view of what LEGO was doing with their publications internationally around this time. I guess World Club transitioned straight into LEGO Magazine?

Well, that was unexpected! Thank you in advance/now for the scans. It looks like if you're able to scan everything, Dark_Turtle will have significantly fewer issues to worry about uploading himself.

And as always, it is wonderful to have a better view of what LEGO was doing with their publications internationally around this time. I guess World Club transitioned straight into LEGO Magazine?

Well, I don't have much to scan, I guess. I think I became a club member in 1997, but my issues from that time are the others are pretty in complete.

The Lego World Club did indeed become Lego Magazin. 3-4/2002 is still Lego World Club, 9-10/2002 is Lego Magazin and is actually the same as Lego Magazine issue 3.

I'll skip my damaged issues and first do all the complete ones, so Dark_Turtle can continue his scanning and we fill the gaps for eachother.

• Like 2

Sorry I've been taking so long to translate these comics. I think from now on I'll just post a transcript of the non-Time Cruisers ones, as they are a little trickier to edit the text into. Here's the Count Batlord one from the November December 1997 issue, it picks up where the last one left off:

Count Batlord Fights with the Magician and his Diabolical Dragon!

Abracadabra ! Wake up, you lazy beast!

Buta awakens his dangerous dragon. The smart wizard has a treacherous plan. Buta’s dragon will help him retrieve the crystal ball again from Count Batlord.

Buta mutters a spell to pull the dragon from his slumber .

Today we get Count Batlord once and for all by the throat, hee hee hee !

In the dawn, Buta and his dragon fly to Castle Flutterrock.

I'm going to grab the crystal ball while you are fighting with Count Batlord .

Suddenly the terrible dragon appears before Castle Flutterrock. The knights of the Count are horrified .

Help! He will eat us!

Oh, no! Hurry up, Count Batlord! Go ahead and fight!

Come on, you ugly beast!

Count Batlord is not afraid of the dragon. He has already killed many of them.

Do not worry, men! My sword is reliable! With it, I'll take the beast!

Everyone in the castle is busy trying to watch the fight between Count Batlord and the terrible dragon . Meanwhile, the wily wizard loses no time.

I can get the crystal bal , as long as everyone looks the other way , hee hee hee!

Count Batlord fights for his life. Never before has he had to deal with such a large dragon. Fortunately, he gets his bats to help.

Great! My bats are confusing the dragon. Now I can easily cope with it.

The dragon stands on his legs only with difficulty. The sword of Count meets him again and again.

Take that! Sweet dreams, dragon!

Just as the wizard wants to escape, he is discovered by one of the knights of the Count.

Hey! The wizard is disappearing with the crystal ball!

A moment later, arrows fly through the air.

Argh! Just as I rush off!

The knights surround the magician.

In the dungeon with him!

He is put in chains and taken back to Castle Flutterrock.

Ha! That was a fake crystal ball! This here is the real one! It was it who has betrayed to me thy coming.

It took me a while (and two comics) to realize that "flatterfels" ("Flutterrock") is actually the name of the castle. Before I was coming up with a bunch of contrived explanations for the word "flutter," of all things, to be cropping up in the translations where it just didn't make sense.

• Like 2

lol username

I'm getting errors on all of the .rars except for 2000-11-12 and 1999-09-10. Is it just me or are the files corrupted?

Edit: Redownloaded them, seems to be fine now. Odd.

Edit: Nope, some are still breaking. Wat?

I'm getting errors on all of the .rars except for 2000-11-12 and 1999-09-10. Is it just me or are the files corrupted?

Tried downloading them and had no problems unpacking. Maybe the server had some problems and your downloads were incomplete.

Also: More issues coming later today and I'll add links to Dark_Turtle's scans.

EDIT: Or even better: I'll complete my incomplete PDFs with the pages from Dark_Turtle. (and still link his scans where I don't have the corresponding issue at all)

Tried downloading them and had no problems unpacking. Maybe the server had some problems and your downloads were incomplete.

They are all working fine for me as well. Glad to see that Johnny Thunder is making an appearance in Time Cruisers!

Speaking of Time Cruisers, is the comic in the November December World Club issue the final one? It would be too bad if it ended with Tim just zapping from the Arctic like he was headed someplace else, but at the same time it wouldn't be terribly surprising...

Speaking of Time Cruisers, is the comic in the November December World Club issue the final one? It would be too bad if it ended with Tim just zapping from the Arctic like he was headed someplace else, but at the same time it wouldn't be terribly surprising...

I think Dark_Turtle Mentioned that 3-4/01 had the last episode. Sadly that issue is missing from my collection (or it's buried somewhere on my attic).

Jumping ahead into 1999 with the second comic featuring Space Port!

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Self-destruct button :lol:

I've been doing some housecleaning in the Brickshelf folder, so here's links to the two and a half comics we have that come right after this one:

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 1

Page 2

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

• Like 3

lol username

Re-downloaded them this morning, things seem to be working now. Odd. Good to see Johnny finally showing up. Thanks!

Oh, so that's where Fushigisaur got his picture. I'd often wondered...

Johnny Thunder... ugh. If it wasn't for the theme and Dr. Kilroy (or whatever his name is/was at that time) I don't think I'd have recognised him...

His facial here looks wrong.

And I still can't figure out which order all these comics go in. :P

And I still can't figure out which order all these comics go in.

That is precisely why I put them all, in order, in a single album.

Since I already posted the link in this topic again, I will instead add it to my signature in a moment.

By the way, do we have the comic directly after the aquanauts arc yet? I do want to keep these comics in order so I'm holding off on adding the space-port-and-after comics until we've gotten up to that point.

EDIT: link in signature, click away.

By the way, do we have the comic directly after the aquanauts arc yet? I do want to keep these comics in order so I'm holding off on adding the space-port-and-after comics until we've gotten up to that point.

Nope, a few of the early 1999 comics aren't up yet. They'll be Adventurers Jungle themed before moving to Space Port, I believe.

EDIT: An Arctic adventure for Tim before he zaps himself right into 2001.

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

• Like 2

And I still can't figure out which order all these comics go in.

That is precisely why I put them all, in order, in a single album.

Since I already posted the link in this topic again, I will instead add it to my signature in a moment.

EDIT: link in signature, click away.

A couple of pages are out of order - the Stingray comic and the Indian comic.

Otherwise... ahh.. it... somewhat makes sense now.

O.T.

I love how far this has gotten from the 'German LRR Human Comic title. It should probably be moved to another topic. :P

Now that I'm caught up with Time Cruisers again, here's the UFO comic from the last 1997 issue of World Club:

The Attack of the Metal-Eating Plant

Chamon and his team have discovered a mysterious planet. They land their spaceship on a vast plane. They want to determine whether the planet is rich in minerals.

Everything looks very peaceful.

Yes. We have enough time to find a variety of minerals.

Whoops! The scanner displays life directly below us!

Suddenly

Help! Green plants are attacking our spaceship!

Chamon’s team looks at each other helplessly. They cannot do a thing.

Oh, no! Soon it will have swallowed our spaceship!

Soon the whole spaceship has disappeared into the stomach of the voracious plant.

They’ve never seen anything like it before - although they have traveled from galaxy to galaxy.

Oh, man! We landed on a dangerous planet!

I will call Chamon for reinforcements from the planet’s surface!

What happens when we are surrounded by metal-eating plants?

High above, Chamon circles in the mother ship. He immediately orders his best laser shooters to attack.

Hello, Terra Hunter! We are in mortal danger! Go down and neutralize this monster!

Aye-aye, Captain Chamon! In a nanosecond I’ll be there!

Chamon’s men see only green and are more than disturbed .

Darn weeds! Now we have lost our precious spaceship.

Yes! But the carnivorous plant wouldn’t have left much of us, either.

Watch out, everyone! I have the ugly plant in the crosshairs!

The target has been located! Now I will destroy it with the laser!

Target neutralized!

This plant is finished. But there are certainly more of them. The researchers are packing up in a hurry.

Right! Let’s take the minerals on board the mother ship!

We need to get our ships out of here!

Chamon’s scanner tells him that the plane is overgrown with metal-eating plants. The planet is not a safe place to stay.

Call the mother ship! Get us out of here!

Phew! It's lucky that we found you! We would have almost been plant food!

Wow! That would be surprising!

Let’s disappear from this dangerous planet!

The next time we land on a planet, men, we all go down together, O.K.?!

Aye-aye , Capt’n!

End

• Like 2

I have to take a longer break in scanning, so I decided instead scanning the complete January '99 issue yet I will rather give you all the remaining pages of the Time Cruisers comic.

I will scan the remainder of the magazines and some other stuff (the TC boardgame, the UFO promo leaflet, the Timecruisers/Prinzenrolle thing...) next month or so and will also add a few comments on certain odditys that occured within them.

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

The remaining theme in '99 (by now you might have noticed there are always 4 themes each year in the TC comic) is not Adventurers Jungle as some thought, but Ninja instead.

This may have two reasons:

Firstly, we already had an Adventurers episode not so long ago and since it would feature the same characters, they wanted to avoid possible inconsistencies (though it did not stop them to do exactly that in 2000... 8S )

Secondly, Adventurers Jungle was a sub-theme with only one set (the blimp) being officially available in Germany (I'm not so sure about availability in the rest of Europe) making the entire Jungle line more some kind of weird obscurity rather than being a main theme of 1999.
Also Ninja's release was delayed in Europe to early February 1999, with the 1999 'red' Ninja sets being US-only, making Ninja a '99 theme for Europeans.

• Lair changed the title to Morbius fanclub

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.