~The Brony Herd~

Minifig9292

I'm now reminded of why I left here for a while.

Because of stuff that happened in a topic that has nothing at all to do with this website?

The off-topic area is, simply put, off-topic. It should in no way be a factor on your residence on this forum. If stuff like this happened in the on-topic areas I would understand, but you don't seem to even post in the on-topic subforums very much these days.

am completely okay with you enjoying inception, I just don't find it to be the masterpiece you claim it to be.

My tastes lie in films such as Alien and Pulp Fiction, I enjoy them for the way the story is told and the practical effects used.

Inception felt like it was trying to be too much like the Matrix with the gun play and the over complicated and under explained plot.

Much of Inception felt like a missed opportunity, there is so much dream-like imagery they never even touched, so many things they could have done but didn't.

The film felt very disappointing to me.

I don't hate inception, but I don't like it either.

See, I enjoy all three of the movies, but it comes down to the age they were produced on. True, Aliens and Pulp Fiction would not be the same movie if they had access to new tech (probably much worse), but I think it matched the story they were going for. IIRC, the director said that Inception was an experiment for the IMAX cameras he was using. We were just lucky he's a brilliant director so we got what we got. If they had gone even deeper, I think the film would have ended up like a Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, which is okay, but it wouldn't have drawn such an audience.

I do enjoy how you took a simple disagreement and tried to blow it up into a full-scale argument by outright insulting something I used to enjoy, in a thread dedicated to the topic nonetheless.

Classy.

my_house_is_a_lego_mans_head.jpg

I never tried to. I just responded. You've taken things out of proportion.

And please, I am the definition of class.

Because of stuff that happened in a topic that has nothing at all to do with this website?

The off-topic area is, simply put, off-topic. It should in no way be a factor on your residence on this forum. If stuff like this happened in the on-topic areas I would understand, but you don't seem to even post in the on-topic subforums very much these days.

The truth is, alot of you guys rub me the wrong way, I get bad vibes from you lot.

I don't know why, I just don't feel at home here.

Extreme and his bulls*** are a shining example of this.

Some bad news to report about S3 ending and S4.

Found this on MLB

cSeLlYRW40S8t2Nrmtgi_g2.png

f**** over sensitive people, they ruin everything.

Black jokes, asian jokes, jew jokes, mexi-

Wait...

Found this on MLB

I actually saw that coming with the whole twilight thing. I don't think it's a bad idea but it seems kinda rushed. I just wonder whats going to happen to the mane 6. Is twilight light still going to be with them? Is season 4 going to be about her trying to control her new awesome power and learn to fly? There are so many questions.

f**** YOU HASBRO!

Yes, I understand they are a toy company first but gosh dammit you can't use that mindset when running a TV channel, it's a completely different system! You can't just look at something successful and go "Let's turn this into the same girly generic bulls*** that we had in the 80's, TO SELL MORE TOYS!" No, that's not how it works, if you guys would just get off your high horses and look at what this new pony show is really about then you'll see that your ruining it.

Then again we shouldn't really be surprised, for one thing they never even tried to make the toys look show accurate, they were just like the old 80's crap. Or how they didn't even care enough to get the show VA's to do the commercials.

If Hasbro wants to make money off of toy sales then they should just stick with Transformers. That's always been one of their most successful franchises anyways. Plus Transformers is almost entirely fail-proof.

Actually I don't really care about the thingy you posted "The good, the bad, the ugly" and others, I would still enjoy the show as it is, and have fun, I am not the TOTALLY FANATIC OMG kind of Brony, I wouldn't wear pony shirts and blah, now talking about the show... BTW I didn't even started watching the season 2 yet :P

because they didn't translated it yet here in Brazil, I want to see how are things going but they don't translate, grr :(

I guess I'd watch the one with subtitles then...

Fluffy Cupcake

Found this on MLB

Hasbro, why u ruin it!? Though, still, I probably will be able to handle it, although how much I may dislike it.

This is why all new cartoon channel should look towards Cartoon Network for advice, they've been on for 20 years, they've have so many companies come up to them for toy rights for their shows over the years. Hell, there were 3 Transformers shows on CN for crying out loud.

Actually I don't really care about the thingy you posted "The good, the bad, the ugly" and others, I would still enjoy the show as it is, and have fun, I am not the TOTALLY FANATIC OMG kind of Brony, I wouldn't wear pony shirts and blah, now talking about the show... BTW I didn't even started watching the season 2 yet :P

because they didn't translated it yet here in Brazil, I want to see how are things going but they don't translate, grr :(

I guess I'd watch the one with subtitles then...

But wait you can read English. You are reading it right now. Are you telling me that you can understand the words we are writing down but don't exactly understand them when used verbally?

I saw what LUModder posted and nearly fell out of my chair.

I've seen pics of Alicorn Twilight round the internets, and I thought it was all bullocks. And then THIS. I recently read a fancomic debunking the Alicorn Twilight Theory, and now we get THIS. I don't know how much of this I would believe.

What the hell Hasbro? You're going to effectively kill a fandom over this BS and you probably don't give a damn. Our only hope is this "Overwhelming response from the fanbase". Well, we've got EQD and a crapton of other sites. LE'S DO THIS!

O.T.

Also, I love how what I said about Inception completely derailed this thread. I never meant for that to happen.

Part of me thinks this is a mistake but a larger part of me thinks this was an inevitable conclusion to Twilight's training and I actually want to see S4. I mean wouldn't it make for a cool episode to see Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy teach Twilight how to fly? I can tell you right now that there is going to be a lot of funny crashes in that episode!

I mean I have faith in the makers of the show to make Alicorn Twilight a good season finale. I'm sure the Alicorn transformation ceremony will be cool.

I mean I have faith in the makers of the show to make Alicorn Twilight a good season finale. I'm sure the Alicorn transformation ceremony will be cool.

It WOULD make a good season finale, but WHY get rid of Derpy?

Fluffy Cupcake

It WOULD make a good season finale, but WHY get rid of Derpy?
In case you forgot what it said already, it says because the controversy last season. Though I still don't see that as a reason to not make her appear in the background.

Edit: .ponies in url!?

You know, a friend of mine put the whole thing like this:

Yeah, I’ve seen this. This is all that I’ve seen of it, though. Therefore, we have no confirmation or denial. Spout theories and reasons all you want, until we get one of those from DHX we won’t know for sure.

Therefore, don’t worry about it! Just let it come, whatever it is. Expect nothing, but be prepared for everything.

It’s probably just alkaline pebbleskipping anyhow.

— fisherpon

My thoughts EXACTLY. Although, if Alicorn Twilight became canon, that would probably explain Cadence's existence as an alicorn. I mean, that was a Hasbro move, making her an alicorn. She was originally meant to be just a unicorn.

Also, I'm surprised no one has really mentioned the MLP comics until now. They're made by the same guys currently in charge of the TRANSFORMERS comics (not surprisingly), as well as the Doctor Who comics, so that's one more franchise I love that IDW's doing.

I must go out and get these comics sometime!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.