• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shadow322

• Lair

• Sonic322

• sciguy

Top Posters In This Topic

Shadow's not making the mod, so no he does not get to decide.

And what's wrong with water just being water? You have to use water to make most candies in the first place, even if it's just for certain preparatory stages.

Edit: Sonic doesn't understand that unless shadow helps develop this mod with his own time and skills, it is not he who ultimately decides what happens and what does not happen.

Okay, so if you get an idea for a mix RTS/FPS but you can't code, someone else offers to try and create the engine and then YOU insist on how it needs to be... Just for comparison. If shadow wants his own ideas enforced he should make Candy Raiders himself.

OK this is very simple to answer.

Most of the things we have in the modern world, were once just ideas.

The people with the ideas didn't know how to make them.

The guy that made the first car, he didn't know how to make one, so we probly had a friend make it the way he wanted it made.

I know thats a bad example, but it was the best I could come up with!

So I don't really care that Lair is makeing the mod, I just want to get all the credit for the idea, most people don't get credit for their ideas.

That is all.

And no, the water will be milk, it goes with the candy theme better!

OK this is very simple to answer.

Most of the things we have in the modern world, were once just ideas.

The people with the ideas didn't know how to make them.

The guy that made the first car, he didn't know how to make one, so we probly had a friend make it the way he wanted it made.

I know thats a bad example, but it was the best I could come up with!

So I don't really care that Lair is makeing the mod, I just want to get all the credit for the idea, most people don't get credit for their ideas.

That is all.

And no, the water will be milk, it goes with the candy theme better!

Well...TOO BAD!

He is making teh mod, i dont see you doing anything!

Unless you can put up some mod pictures (before Lair), Lair is going to be credited with creating Candy Raiders.

MAKE THE RUBBLE AS SUCKERS!!! GEEZ! WTF IS GOING ON!?

1. The rubble will be chocolate chips.

2. Shadow wants credit for not doing anything.

Doctor freaking get out, i am making the mod and can change stuff as i like but shadow will get credit for the main idea in fact you guys get credit for helping too but this is shadow's idea, and he gets credit!

:( Sorry, Im just sick of this...

Oh thank you Lair, its nice to know I can count on you to make the others shut up! JK

But really, thank you.

Oh and I think I'm going to start makeing the outfits for the RR's.

I am the only one that really knows what I think they'll look like.

:) gladly, means I can get to work on the wall textures. If you want to change the stud/neck/hand colors, tell me; I can hex-edit it. Oh BTW I need to finish RtPU quickly so I can make the walls, monsters and of course (grumble) levels...

Ok, here. Shadow gets the credit for coming up with the idea, and lair gets the credit for making the mod. See? I backed up lair and shadow on this. And it solves the problem. All credit is given where it is due. Unless you are older than 18 years old, keep your complaints to yourself. No-one else is to whine, got it???

• 2 weeks later...

To get the skins, I just have to google theimages, find some good ones and create it! shouldn't be too hard other than indexing... Any program were you can index what the 256 colors arw?

The Gimp lets you view the color index directly, then you can click on the different colors in the index and edit them directly. It's very slick. If you decide to use that I'll tell you how to open up the index.

We? You mean Lair, it's his idea.

Remember that if you disagree with anything here, you can go make your own mod like this.

:0 Wow, this got popular fast...

Anon: Yes indeed, it is my mod, I just got the idea from shadow... Not even the name. Good idea though.

Shadow: Candy Raiders sounds better. And you did say you were making the minifigs, right?

Cirevam: Where can I download it.

Anonymouse & Extractor: Maybe. How do you get 3 different skins out of the 3 enviorments

Rock Raider= (white shirt and pants, black shoes, belts, and gloves)

Chief=Willy Wonka (ROFL)

Drill=Waffel Cone

Shovel=

Hammer=

Wrench=

Laser=

Pusher=

Freezer=

Sonic Blaster=

Energy Crystal=Rock Candy

Ore=Chocolate Ore

Stud=Candy Bar

Buildings and Vehicles=Bread-based products

Toolstore=

Teleport Pad=

Power Station=

Support Station=

Upgrade Station=

Geodome=

Ore Refinery=Chocolate Refinery

Mining Laser=Candy Melter

Super Teleport=

Hoverscout=

Small Digger=

Small Transport Truck=

Rapid Rider=

SMLC=

Tunnel Scout=

Loader Dozer=

Granite Grinder=

LMLC=

Chrome Crusher=

Cargo Carrier=

Tunnel Transport=

Dirt=Chewy Candy

Loose=Soft Candy

Hard=Hard Candy

Solid Rock=Candy Cane

ESeam=Rock Candy Seam

OSeam=Ore Seam

RSeam=

Water=Milk

Lava=Hot Chocolate

Rubble=

Power Path=Cookie/Choc Chip Cookie

Reinforced Wall=Candy Cane (May require modeling)

Rock=Penut Brittle

Ice=Ice Cream

Lava=Carmel Fudge

Rock Monsters=Chocolate Monsters

Ice Monsters=Frosting Monsters

Lava Monster=Syrup Monster

Slimy Slug=Gumdrop

Bats=

Spiders=Candy Hearts

Snake=Gummy Worm

Scorpion=

Small Spiders=Candycorn

I need help filling these out.

Ok Anon why are you so stupid? >:(

The theme, idea, and mod were all my idea, Lair is just makeing it because he is better at makeing mods, and if I made it, if really would never get made. >:(

I am makeing the outfits just for the RR's! >:(

Lair is just makeing the mod, why do people think he thought of it, he clearly stated in the foirst post in the topic, that it was MY idea! >:(

Geez what is wrong with some of you, can anyone here read instaed of just asumeing who's idea it was? >:(

Anon thanks to you, I am really mad now, I a just might taje out my anger on the other topics, nice going Anonydork! >:(

You know who you sound like right now Shadow? Anascape. You know what Anascape is? A one-man company that patents extremely broad concepts so it can sue companies that make vaguely similar things. Anascape doesn't make anything itself, it's just a patent-sitter, which means it BAWWWs when someone with production skills actually goes out and makes the idea a reality. I'm not saying you didn't think up of Candy Raiders, but this is exactly what you're doing.

Go ahead and sue Lair if you want. Anascape successfully sued at least Nintendo with nothing but some sketches and a really vague patent that was filed AFTER Nintendo had made the joysticks that they were being sued for, so you have a good chance in court. I mean, it's not like Lair didn't credit you or anything.

May I offer a word of advise, please do not yell by using huge fonts and caps-lock, it really makes you look bad. shadow322, I don't know why you a being so defensive about your idea, but yes, you came up with the idea as Lair stated that in the first post. Anonymous my have his facts wrong, so all you need to do is direct him to the first post, no need to yell, scream and get angry. I once created an RTS game, I gave the project over to someone else to continue and before long I was completely removed from the credits of that game. He created his own topic, I was never mentioned and it did get popular for sometime and everyone thought that he created it, rather he just expanded the game. While I was not happy about this, I did not yell at him, I did not spam the topic saying it was my idea and I did not contact him about it. I simply ignored it. So what is the point of this? The point is, to have control and ask yourself "what is the best way to solve this problem without causing more problems?".

• Cyrem changed the title to (WIP) Candy Raiders!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.