Mafia: The Game

Fluffy Cupcake

Quisoves Potoo

Are you playing, le?

Logic: If le was playing we wouldn't need a new narrator.

Does someone mind giving me a roundup of actually who IS in this upcoming round?

Query: Are we talking like Grel now?

In all seriousness, hosting a game and playing a game are two different things. The minimum work for the later is voting and sending in your actions, should you have a role. For the former, one must manage all the actions and votes, whilst also writing scenes, a considerably more difficult task.

Fluffy Cupcake

The who now?

Though really, to be able to fully get everything out of the game and see what is going on as a participator and not go off little tidbits which can be misleading you need a be a fully active listener and analyst as well.

Quisoves Potoo

The who now?

I'm reasonably certain that there were no tentacled humanoids in How the Grinch Stole Christmas, or, for that matter, a certain British rock band.

Or do you mean Doctor Who? In which case, yes, the Who now.

Though really, to be able to fully get everything out of the game and see what is going on as a participator and not go off little tidbits which can be misleading you need a be a fully active listener and analyst as well.

I agree, but it won't necessarily break the game if one finds oneself unable to do so.

Are you playing, le?

I don't think le717 will be back until on or after the 2nd of July. I wouldn't mind pitching for just one more game though, except that I have no idea what is going on in this thread at the moment. ;)

Are you playing, le?

I don't think le717 will be back until on or after the 2nd of July.

I like this guy. He remembers and reminds people of something I've said many times in many places. :)

So Jimbob is playing

errr.... no?

Current Game Status:

• le717
  • aidenpons
  • Fushigisaur
  • Quistaros Pugnat
  • Xiron
  • Ben24x7
  • Seaborgiun
  • MaelstromIslander
  • Onegreatrace [welcome to the mafia gang!]
  • BionicleFan    [welcome to the mafia gang!]

You will notice there is no "JimbobJeffers" in that list.

EDIT: Hopefully this post makes slightly more sense now

Edited by aidenpons

Quisoves Potoo

So Jimbob is playing, but le isn't, right?

errr.... no?

Current Game Status:

• le717
  • aidenpons
  • Fushigisaur
  • Quistaros Pugnat
  • Xiron
  • Ben24x7
  • Seaborgiun
  • MaelstromIslander
  • Onegreatrace [welcome to the mafia gang!]
  • BionicleFan    [welcome to the mafia gang!]

Are you playing, le?

I don't think le717 will be back until on or after the 2nd of July. I wouldn't mind pitching for just one more game though, except that I have no idea what is going on in this thread at the moment. ;)

Fluffy Cupcake

And you will notice there is a le717 in yellow on that list. It hasn't been updated since le started hosting because I don't have a clear list of who is playing.

*slaps self* Silly ponzy, not everybody thinks what you think....

Firstly, I meant to falsify (couldn't think of a better word) the FIRST statement and effectively ignore the second.

Secondly, I meant to show that while the list was out-of-date and Le was still apparently hosting, there was (and is) no Jimmy in that list.

Edited by aidenpons

Quisoves Potoo

Sorry about not getting thing started yet. I've been out of state, and my internet access, not to mention my energy, has been consequently diminished. The game should begin no latter than tomorrow night.

Cheers!

Quisoves Potoo

Baron Giuseppe Cellini, Archtrumpeter of the Fellowship of the Dormouse, was ill at ease. As he scurried through a dim, emerald back-corridor of the Palazzo de Risate, he did his best to avoid the leering stares of the engraved Death’s Heads. Covering the hallway like flies upon a corpse, they were adorned, variously, with fool’s-caps, domino-masks, and other such festive accoutrements, in keeping with the palace’s driving theme. He would have found them unsettling in any circumstance, but now he saw in them lost friends and family, companions and comrades who had been swept away like so much chaff. The images signified a profound loss, for which no amount of ecstatic merriment could compensate.

It had been but a year, though it seemed half a lifetime, since the land of Campanarosso had gone mad. General Prospero had marched on Terrenno-Pigro, ushering in civil-war.  The bloody maelstrom had consumed rich and poor, lord and commoner; turning villages to graveyards, cities to necropolises.  Prince Mercutio, sensing the imminence of the capital’s fall, departed for his montane summer-palace with a group comprising, in addition to the normal residents of the palace at Campo D'oro, a small military detachment and those nobles (such as Cellini) who had taken refuge there. Upon reaching the pleasure-palace, the Prince had severed all links with the world, setting fire to the grand bridge that spanned a vast, sepulchral chasm.

The Baron was stirred from his reflections by an abrupt change in scene. The candle-lit passageway had given way to a torch-lit antechamber of a tannish hue. Murals on either side of him depicted saints and angels at heavenly play, and mirrored statues of cherubim guarded an oaken door. On each statue four masks, fish, parrot, domino, and Grecian comedy covered, respectively, the faces of man, lion, ox, and eagle.

Cellini shuddered, preparing to step into the chapel beyond. He had been summoned here, by a person unknown, in regards to the stupid and time-honored practice of “Guerra Segreta.” He had no idea how he could help, but he would be happy to put an end to the duels that had already doomed some twenty-four of the palace’s initial eight-score and two. As his hand reached for the door-knob, he was startled to see it turn. It was nothing, however, compared to his shock at the sight of the figure that emerged. He was clothed from shoulders to feet in a velvet cloak, and wearing a broad, asymmetric, elaborate mask of crimson stone, the grotesque parody of a face paradoxically imbued with the nobility of a patriarch.

As he stared at the crevice of a mouth, the craters that were eye-holes, the edged nose, and the vein-like hair that that ran rampant round the face, the Baron could only muster a faint, raspy “oh!” The figure nodded, as if in greeting.

The stranger spoke, in a voice too distorted to be recognizable: “Oh, Giuseppe, you coward. You so enjoyed playing the part of a guardian, watching over the benighted masses. Then our world ignited, and the mask fell from your face. You displayed all the bravery of your little club’s namesake.”

The Baron, as angry as he was terrified, protested “I saw my family slaughtered, my sons disemboweled! How could I think of the right or wrong of my actions?”

“What makes you so special? Nothing, if I’m honest. You won’t be missed.”

As Giuseppe Cellini stared, pale and quavering, his eyes as wide and wild as those of a fish, the anonymous figure produced a scimitar from his cloak and swung it swiftly and casually at his neck. His head dropped, his neck a font of gore.

“Meet me in the Chapel of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, at midnight, if you wish to see an end to Guerra Segreta,” read Prince Mercutio, anxiously stroking his ginger beard.  “Unmistakable proof that our murderer is no outsider. We are betrayed.”

A chill ran down the spines of the noblemen seated in the small, turquoise chamber.

The Prince continued: “It is, naturally, significant that the two killed were among the eleven that abstained from our monthly hunt. In all likelihood, this note was written before the storm that postponed our expedition. By midnight, our party was well away from the palace, and had we returned in a week’s time, as expected, there would have been ample time for the culprit to do his deeds and hide the evidence of his guilt. Furthermore, the seldom-traveled nature of the wing in which that Chapel and poor Gianetta’s bedchamber were housed meant that he, or she, could safely carry out the killings.”

The Prince breathed deeply.

“The time required for a proper investigation of this labyrinthine structure would postpone our hunt for too long a time. We would be foolish in starving, nor would we be wise in allowing a deranged killer to accompany us through the wilderness. It is thus, with a heavy heart, that I command an ordeal: Our party shall embark, as planned. Those who desired to stay, shall stay, through no choice of their own. The castle shall be blockaded, from the outside. Each day, between your investigations, you shall condemn one of your number to death, until the killings stop. To this end, you shall cast votes. He who receives the majority, dies. I have provided the necessary instruments.”

The potentate paused for a moment, his gaze distant and inconsolable.

“I am profoundly sorry for this.  May God have mercy on your souls.”

By the time the final stone was placed before the palace gates, the nine prisoners had already retired to their quarters, having read the instructions left by the Prince. Sleep did not come easily, for none could be sure of another dusk. As for one, there was nocturnal business to attend to…

Rules

·         Normal Rock Raiders United Mafia rules apply.

·         Each round lasts 36 hours.

Roles

·         Mafia-See Page 1

·         Innocents-See Page 1

·         Doctor-See Page 1

·         Mesmerist-Each day, he can secretly redirect one vote to a player of his choice.

·         Duelists, aka Guerrieri Segreti-These two have entered into the age-old practice of Guerra Segreta, whereby two duelists attempt to bring about the accidental death of each other. The only goal of each one is to get the other lynched. Should the Mafia kill one before the Second Day, they become Innocents, in accordance with the laws of Campanarosso.

Players

·  aidenpons

·  Fushigisaur

·  JimbobJeffers

·  Xiron

·  Seaborgiun

·  MaelstromIslander

·  Onegreatrace

·  BionicleFan   

Night One now begins.

Fluffy Cupcake

And you will notice there is a le717 in yellow on that list. It hasn't been updated since le started hosting because I don't have a clear list of who is playing.

I hope nothing in the player list got screwed up, because that still applies. :S

Nice depthly story. Those are always the best. :)

Jimbob Jeffers was a solitary man, placid, but with a strong presence. His reticence masked his inner personality such that few knew him deeply. Those who did had earned it through gaining his respect - any stranger to Jimbob was regarded as nothing more than an unsophisticated peasant until proven otherwise. Hence there were few people whom Jimbob had any respect for. That is not to say that Jimbob mistreated anyone, for he was rarely-spoken and wasted his precious breath only when necessary. Rather, Jimbob simply avoided company where possible.

Jimbob glided his gloved right hand along the walls of the vast corridor as he walked toward the infirmary, marvelling at its construction and the soul he could feel embedded into the worn bricks. His cloak flowed behind him and slid gently over the stone floor, scattering the dry dirt and dust in its wake. He wore his hood over his head to hide his face, for he wished to avoid conversation with the others as usual. A polite nod was all that he provided to passers by.

Being confined within these walls was no hardship. The whole place glowed with beauty in his eyes, and Jimbob felt at ease in spite of the current predicament involuntarily imposed upon him. The matter would be over soon enough; Jimbob was confident that he had sufficient evidence to prove his innocence.

On a side note, could I please sign up to the narrator list? I haven't done it in a while (if ever? I can't remember), and I forgot how fun this can be.

MaelstromIslander

Mael was likely an imbecile to any philosipher, scientist or a man with common sense. Mael wastes his time cracking jokes, which can be cruel and offensive, causing people to avoid him. Sometimes, they can just be bad puns, overly-sophisticated, or just out-of-the-blue random. While this is the usual Mael you meet, he is sometimes very caring and kind, but this is shielded by his constant corny jokes and blistering rage upon provoking him.

Mael walked through the corridor holding a bag, staring anxiously at the cloaked Jimbob. While Jimbob was wearing a black(?) cloak, Mael wore a white robe with a rope belt around his waist, and a leather backpack containing supplies. It is unknown what the "supplies" are, and whether they will heal a man or kill him, making Mael the perfect suspect for a detective. But Mael has no history of wanting or trying to kill anyone, and he has no criminal record to speak of, which clashes against the previous claim like a wave to a boat.

It seemed like the corridor would never end. Mael continued walking and staring at jimbob, but before he could say something, the infirmary doors appeared on the horizon of the hallway. Mael opened the door for Jimbob, and walked inside.

(Add me to the Narrator list too. I never narrated before and i've been wanting to do so for a while now. :P )

Fluffy Cupcake

Xiron. So mysterious, you couldn't even tell anything about him by looking at him.

Too lazy to intro.

Quisoves Potoo

Well, it looks like Ben is on hiatus. Seeing as he was the Mafia, that role must go to someone else. Sorry about the delay.

EDIT: He is, of course, removed from this game.

Edited by Quisoves Potoo

Fluffy Cupcake

*waits for a spell caster to use a revival spell on Ben*

BF; I clearly don't think you understand the game. You can't just publicly take or nominate someone to be the mafia. The game would be over before we could even resume.

MaelstromIslander

Well alrighty then... If this is the path you wish to take Bio, I vote you, final.

Edit: Forgot it was Night One. Forget the above.

Edit 2: Here, have some more RP:

The Infirmary was large, with a tan ceiling and floor, while the walls were colored red. Beds were on both sides of the room, but only a couple of patients were occupying them. Mael, Xiron, Bio and Jimbob all gathered into the room. Mael placed down the bag, which caused the others to stare at him suspiciously. He looked at the others; "As we all know, we are gathered here because there is a murderer among us. Our beloved Baron Guiseppe Cellini was killed by said murderer, and we prisoners must wait for the next day and hope that we are not the next to be slaughtered." Mael picked up his bag. "I'm sure you are suspicious of me, and i don't blame you for believing me to be the killer, but i will tell you right here, this bag contains instruments that will help man, not kill him. I am your most valuable resource, and i hope you understand. I said before, we must sleep and hope that we aren't the next victims." He awaited for the others to reply...

(Opening for someone to reply in-RP :P )

Edited by MaelstromIslander

I'm sorry, but isn't the point of Mafia to NOT give away your or anyone else's role?

Either way, I'm back from a five day trip, so if there are future delays from me, then either I'm on an unannounced holiday or just don't care about RRU Mafia.

MaelstromIslander

I'm sorry, but isn't the point of Mafia to NOT give away your or anyone else's role?

This is what i told Quis. But he said that mafia newbies aren't disqualified from the game for doing it because they don't understand the game rules very well and that its unfair to be disqualified just because you haven't played the game before and you didn't know. But in my opinion, revealing your role just spoils the game.

Edit: 40th page, yay! :D

Edited by MaelstromIslander

Quisoves Potoo

Well, it looks like Ben is on hiatus. Seeing as he was the Mafia, that role must go to someone else. Sorry about the delay.

Can I able to be the mafia, if, not, I'm vote on Maelstromislander.

All that BIONICLEFan revealed was that he wasn't the Mafia, at that point. Whether he is now, is for y'all to find out.

Another player scuttled around. He wore what some called a "hideous" green hat and tended to reply "meh" to most questions asked. He had revealed his name: Aiden: but precious else about him. However, all noticed a long green-cyan object that he carried on his back. It was clearly designed to look like a bow, but had so much ornamentation on it it was clearly unusable: it looked like it had come straight out of a coral reef. The small device emblazoned on it read "Tsunami."

[/TerrariaIsGettingToMyHead] l405G.jpg

Seaborgium

I suppose I should introduce myself. I am Bavarian astronomer and polymath, Johann Sonnius.  I was called to this court to provide insight on the revolution of the heavenly spheres and as to what strings restrained them from leaving their course. Now it appears the strings that hold are lives in place may soon be cut.  I need a pretzel. And some beer.

Ack! Sorry. i've been offline for a few days due to work and didn't realise the game had started. I'll get caught up ASAP!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.