Mafia: The Game

Fluffy Cupcake

The narrator, le717, hasn't declared game start, so it is not too late yet!

​  Wait, what? We were waiting on Ace to say if she wanted to do it or could I, and she never spoke up. You better decide on a narrator before too long!

Fluffy Cupcake

Ace hasn't posted in this topic since... who knows when. I doubt she'll be joining us at this time. Ace was on narration cue since months ago when she was still very active.

Edit: Ace just requested removal.

All aboard! Mafia last call! If your name is not on this player's list and you want it to be, speak now or forever hold your peace!

• le717 (Narrator)
  • aidenpons
  • Fushigisaur
  • Quistaros Pugnat
  • Xiron
  • Ben24x7
  • Seaborgiun
  • MaelstromIslander
  • Onegreatrace

If I do say so myself, I have a great round prepared for everyone! I'm rather excited for this game, and it seems in writing it I inadvertently created the most twisted, not-all-is-as-it-seems, different kind of Mafia story yet, with twists and turns all around! You don't want to miss this! :D

Let the games begin! :D We have 9 players this round! Please welcome Onegreatrace and BionicleFan to their first round of Mafia!

While preparing for this round, I went back and read the last round I narrated, which was early on in the history of the Mafia, thinking I might gain some inspiration for this round. Instead, I discovered my Western story was way too complex. :P Therefore, this round may not have the depth or complexity of previous rounds, but I will still do my best to keep it interesting and entertaining. :)

Backstory
            Welcome one and all, men and women alike, to The Fantastic World of Programming! We are the hottest place in tech to work, voted the #1 company to work at by reputable critics and publications, including Forbes, Consumer Reports, and Fortune 500! Here at The Fantastic World of Programming (abbreviated TFWP), we create websites, servers, custom software, graphic design, and promotional material as well as offer business consultation to some of the biggest companies around, including Adobe, Mozilla, Yahoo!, Verizon, Boeing, and more! Since our founding a few short years ago, we have consistently been praised for our timely, top-notch, amazing quality work! That’s because here at TFWP, Our work isn’t done until it’s Fantastic!

Each one of you have excellent track records in your respective areas of expertise, and have proven yourselves time and time again. It is people like you that make up TFWP, and we are excited to have you join our fantastic family!

As the backstory suggests, you are all new hires at The Fantastic World of Programming. For all of you, this is your dream job. You have worked long and hard to get here, and you have finally made it. The campus is amazing, job hours are flexible, pay is great, the culture and atmosphere is refreshing and fun, and every employee you have spoken to from any department agree this is the place to work. In short, TFWP lives up to the Fantastic! name it has earned. Today was orientation, and right now you are free to roam around the premises until the next scheduled event in an hour. Your first day is Monday, and you cannot wait to get started. As I did last time, now is the time for all players to introduce their characters. To make it easier on me, you are allowed to pick any sort of (reasonable) job within the companies’ roster as your job (examples would be Junior Programmer, QA Tester, Lead Documentation, Systems Analyst, Junior Graphics Artist, or Junior Consultant). I would like it if some people work in different departments, but it is not mandatory. Choose whatever role you want. :)

As hinted earlier, this game is different from your traditional round of Mafia, to the point I have made a list to state my changes. These will help explain the game and ensure it runs smoothly. :)

• There is a 48 (real) hour cap on each round, starting when the day comes. If the round is not completed by then, it will be over, no discussion.
  • Votes will not be counted unless a [FINAL] label follows it and final votes cannot be changed!
  • If the 48 hour limit is hit and you did not place your final vote, your vote will be counted as null. So be sure to vote!
  • There is no actual death.
  • There is no Doctor role (it doesn’t fit). However, there is a Detective.
  • Your chosen job is part of this game’s twist. Obviously the positions are randomized and jobs are arbitrarily chosen, but (let’s make this very clear) they will have little impact on the story. While I may have to make minor alternations in the story because of your jobs, you will never know that. Additionally, the story does not necessarily lead directly to the Mafia! As an example, just because the story might indicate a business consultant is the Mafia, that could be totally wrong and there are hints present that lead to the real Mafia.

Be sure to post your introductions quickly as the game will start at 3 PM EST and if you have any questions about the game feel free to ask! Just be sure to clearly denote it is not part of playing the game.

Hello my name is June and I work the front desk. will take the role of Analyst because WHY NOT? 

X-Ladder_1_105'_Pierce_Arrow.JPG

Edited by Fushigisaur

MaelstromIslander

My name is George Jones, a QA Tester of this facility.

Well? What else do you want from me? Its not like my life is an epic tale or anything. I'm just a QA Tester, that's all.

Edited by MaelstromIslander

Quisoves Potoo

Salve, mihi nomen Crassus Stultus Piger est!
A Rōmā venio, ubi discipulus bonus certe fui.

"Dominus abaci" vocar.

To speak Englishly attempt I will, but grasp my of tongue your bad is. 

Ubi est cibum?

EDIT: Job mine Lead Documentor is. To write the manuals of the abacus is necessary for someone.

Edited by Quisoves Potoo

Seaborgium

I'm Charles Brodawg, IT guy, aspiring coder and pizza expert. Since there are rarely any problems for me to fix, and I haven't been hired to code yet, I mostly just hang around and give advice on pizza.

Fluffy Cupcake

*starts something off topic*

I just realized we just broke a player count high, only by one player though. :P

Including the narrator, the count is 10.

Quisoves Potoo

I'm Charles Brodawg, IT guy, aspiring coder and pizza expert. Since there are rarely any problems for me to fix, and I haven't been hired to code yet, I mostly just hang around and give advice on pizza.

​Habemusne pizza cum gallo et piro?

Quisoves Potoo

Out of character note: Seaborgium and I shall be on a family trip from Friday through Monday, so access to the internet will be sporadic. So please no "they've been awfully quiet, hang them!"

Hullo, my name is John Greensmith, and I've come to work on graphic design and possibly advertising. I have worked in Advanced Higher Graphical Comunications, National 5 Art and Highers in Modern Studies, I have checked and I believe I can get a job here, was expensive but who cares? This seems worth the money. I know I have about an hour to talk, but I really must get going, get myself prepared and settle in. I hope I get a decent job here.

*gets job as Janitor* :P

MaelstromIslander

*gets job as Janitor* :P

OOC: Because Le is a communist dictator, we can't follow our dreams and become janitors. Instead, we have to pick from Le's role list. But hey, he IS the narrator. :P

Onegreatrace

Hello! I'm John, John Adams, and I'm the IT Director of the place! Really looking forward to settling in here.

Seaborgium

Hello! I'm John, John Adams, and I'm the IT Director of the place! Really looking forward to settling in here.

​"I am persuaded, however, that Mr. Adams ...was always an honest man, often a wise one, but sometimes and in some things, absolutely out of his senses. "

-Ben Frankin

• Like 2

please no "they've been awfully quiet, hang them!"

​Another character burst onto the campus. To some, this was oddly familiar, but they couldn't quite put their fingers on what it was. Just a random thought, presumably.

He - his given pseudonym being "Depressing Bridge" - announced himself to be a "tester," having successfully exploded every game he has. Even AOE2, the uncrashable, fell before his might. So he'd been chosen to be a "quality control" of sorts: he was there to make sure the fantastic work wasn't ruined by minor bugs.

His introduction done, he retired to his room where one of his colleagues had sent him some code. It only took a minor three minutes for it to crash: hardly a record, that having been taking by Lego The Hobbit, which wins a special award (in his eyes) for having crashes on the dev intro cutscene.

Quisoves Potoo

Depressing and Johnjohn, to meet you good is.  Do beads you require?

OOC: So, when does this dealiedooder get under way?

Quisoves Potoo

OOC: It's been three days since my last post, and nine since this game began. I appreciate that Le is busy, but if he's too busy, then someone else should host.

I believe Le is probably waiting for something. He was on yesterday (as of time of writing): he could well be waiting for special votes. If he was too busy he'd probably say something about that...

(Let's camp this out and kill off the person who last posted before the game began l405G.jpg)

That said, all people have posted... and I was the last new person to... quick, hush ^that^ logic up l405G.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.