RRU Minecraft Server

Jimbob

But if everyone starts spamming pictures everywhere I may have to disable it again, so please don't go placing too many of them, nor inappropriate content. Stuff your gma would be happy to see, mkay?

Hopefully that'll fix it

Interesting that they didn't update it to fix that simple thing.

My worst fears is that someone may. D:

Well, let's just hope for the best, but even so hear this - if I do see anything inappropriate, action will be taken! You don't do it here, so don't do it on the server either.

By simple observations by looking at the sun, I can tell it works now.  :D

Yeah, it is long overdue for an update now. I contacted the maintainer (author hasn't logged on since July) to see if he would be interested in updating it.

Great, I'm glad it's finally working.

If the guy hasn't been on since July I won't be waiting with bated breath... Besides it's a small issue that was easily resolved.

Fluffy Cupcake

If the guy hasn't been on since July I won't be waiting with bated breath.

Maintainer =/= Author. The maintainter was last on about 12ish hours ago.

May I please join?

Certainly, I've added you to the list. If you could follow the instructions in the PM you'll receive shortly, you'll be able to join the server.

Fluffy Cupcake

This could be fun, especially since replacement is not required because it regens: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/epicglass/

Well, once it gets updated that is. It was last updated at 1.6.2, and it needs to be updated again because it currently doesn't work (tested).

And one other thing under fun which... I don't know if anyone would have a use for, because who just sits down anyway? :P

If mobs can be disabled from smashing through glass (and, of course, it's updated as you said) I'll install that glass plugin. :)

And the sitting plugin looks good, it requires ProtocolLib though which hopefully won't conflict with anything else. I'll install it anyway and see.

Finally I'm going to be replacing Ships with Movecraft as reportedly the former isn't working so nicely. This post will be edited once both new plugins are installed.

EDIT: Both plugins have been installed. I've left configurations unchanged, so refer to the standard tutorials for information no how to use these plugins.

I tried out the Movecraft, 3 different times, the final being the same ship as made in the tutorial, and I can't get the [helm] sign to turn into the wheel. It just displays the word and no change.

I think it may need a little tweaking, if you can JJ.

I tried out the Movecraft, 3 different times, the final being the same ship as made in the tutorial, and I can't get the [helm] sign to turn into the wheel. It just displays the word and no change.

I'll take a look later, and see if I can find what the issue is. :)

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake

Um... so Ace had problems logging in (something to do with stairs), and I did a /reload at some point while trying to help, and now all OPs seem to have lost their powers.

Nvm, relogging fixed that. But still, Ace still can't log on, and we tried pretty much everything we could from the server. So you may have to delete his player data.

I'll take a look later, and see if I can find what the issue is. :)

I had a look through the config files and, apart from the ability to edit what messages say, all I can do is change this:

Locale: en
CompatibilityMode: false

I dunno, I looked in the relevant folder in /plugins so maybe the mod is just screwy, or perhaps the tutorial is outdated?

*Lots of squeals, somewhere involving:*

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/petcreeper/

FUSHI

FUSHI

I THINK

I THINK I MIGHT INSTALL THAT FUSHI

I have disabled some mobs though, for obvious reasons. Check the first post for a list of tameable mobs, and their required taming items.

Um... so Ace had problems logging in (something to do with stairs), and I did a /reload at some point while trying to help, and now all OPs seem to have lost their powers.

Nvm, relogging fixed that. But still, Ace still can't log on, and we tried pretty much everything we could from the server. So you may have to delete his player data.

Eek, that's not good. I've renamed your player.dat to a backup one Ace, just in case, so try logging in now to create a new one.

• Like 3

JAY JAY, I do not have permission to tame monsters. YOU DID THIS DIDN'T YOU.

DAMMIT YOU GOT ME.

Ah well, you may as well know that it was with the candle stick in the library.

On a more serious note, I've clearly screwed up the PermissionsEx file somewhere so I'll check it out again tomorrow, when hopefully I'll be adding/fixing a couple of other things.

Movecraft has been replaced with iSail, due to various issues; hopefully this third ship plugin will be the final. ;)

Additionally I've fixed PetCreeper and added permissions to use the /pet command. Have fun with your l'il pets, ya'll.

I've finished performing maintenance on the server, below are the current list of changes.

Changes

• Added DiscoSheep (mods only) - We like to partay, you can hire them from us.  ;)
  • Added EchoPet - Should work better than PetCreeper. You can still mount creatures, but they are tamed differently. See the wiki for info.
  • Added My Worlds, BKCommonLib (admin only) - More on this later...
  • Added WorldEdit (admin only) - This will be used for things such as UHC, and increasing the build height limit (hopefully).
  • Removed Chairs - It was causing issues when building with staircases, and additionally one player's data had to be erased as a result of it.
  • Removed PetCreeper - Various issues here and there, but it has been replaced as detailed above.
  • Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake
  • WorldEdit (admin only) - This will increase the build height limit (hopefully).

I'm familiar with this, but I don't remember anything about height limit increase.

• Added DiscoSheep (mods only)

You do know since 1.7, you can do this with a nametag named jeb_ on a sheep and it will do the same thing.

I didn't know, thanks, but DiscoSheep creates dozens of sheep that disappear afterwards so it's handy for quick celebrations. ;)

• WorldEdit (admin only) - This will increase the build height limit (hopefully).

I'm familiar with this, but I don't remember anything about height limit increase.

Ah, dang. Do you know a plugin that does?

The Ace Railgun

Ah, dang. Do you know a plugin that does?

No, and I think from what I've heard it may be impossible.

No WE does increase the build height limit, in the console you use //limit (amount) or in the Perms file you use worldedit.limit.<amount> and that will increase the building height limit.

GordonFreeman

Alright, I guess I better sign up :)

edit: oh gosh spawn looks disgusting. Any chance I could fix it up for you guys? I mean really, all I've seen is an aerial shot of it and it looks like something out of the Survival games :/

edit: oh gosh spawn looks disgusting. Any chance I could fix it up for you guys? I mean really, all I've seen is an aerial shot of it and it looks like something out of the Survival games :/

Of course we are open for all opinions, but we also (try to) respect other member's creations.

The Ace Railgun
oh gosh spawn looks disgusting. Any chance I could fix it up for you guys?

Spawn is protected, so only Mods+ like my self or JJ, or Fushi, Xiron etc. can edit the spawn and once it's finished, Maybe RRU Tower should be the spawn. What do you think JJ? So in other words No you may NOT edit spawn...If you don't like it, well you'll have to live with it for now.

oh gosh spawn looks disgusting

You look disgusting.

Any chance I could fix it up for you guys?

No, there is not. It is not broken, and does not require fixing. I'm sorry that it doesn't live up to your lofty standards, but it serves it's purpose well, none of the other players have a problem with it, and frankly, I am a little insulted that you have the gall to march in here and go "HEY this looks terrible I can do it better."

Show some respect, like Rob said.

it looks like something out of the Survival games

I have no idea what this even means.

Maybe RRU Tower should be the spawn

As good of an idea as this is, I don't see it working at all. Wouldn't players spawn on the top floor?

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.