RRU Minecraft Server

Jimbob

The Ace Railgun
Wouldn't players spawn on the top floor?

Actually JJ can set the spawn area to be anywhere by using the command /setspawn (or something along that line), so it could be at the top or in the lobby area it just depends where he sets it, It won't default to the top floor of the building. The command simply sets the spawn to be at the point he is standing.

Actually JJ can set the spawn area to be anywhere by using the command /setspawn (or something along that line), so it could be at the top or in the lobby area it just depends where he sets it, It won't default to the top floor of the building. The command simply sets the spawn to be at the point he is standing.

Rly? that changes things. In that case, RRu tower would be a great spawn, once it's finished. Which it is not yet :/

GordonFreeman

edit: oh gosh spawn looks disgusting. Any chance I could fix it up for you guys? I mean really, all I've seen is an aerial shot of it and it looks like something out of the Survival games :/

Of course we are open for all opinions, but we also (try to) respect other member's creations.

Good point

oh gosh spawn looks disgusting. Any chance I could fix it up for you guys?

Spawn is protected, so only Mods+ like my self or JJ, or Fushi, Xiron etc. can edit the spawn and once it's finished, Maybe RRU Tower should be the spawn. What do you think JJ? So in other words No you may NOT edit spawn...If you don't like it, well you'll have to live with it for now.

No problemo.

Any chance I could fix it up for you guys?

No, there is not. It is not broken, and does not require fixing. I'm sorry that it doesn't live up to your lofty standards, but it serves it's purpose well, none of the other players have a problem with it, and frankly, I am a little insulted that you have the gall to march in here and go "HEY this looks terrible I can do it better."

Show some respect, like Rob said.

it looks like something out of the Survival games

I have no idea what this even means.

Unlike you, I saw one of the original Spawns this server (or the original RRU server?) had. It wasn't glorious, but it was good. It was a nice little outpost sort of thing. I'm not referring to the buildings AROUND spawn, I'm referring to the platform. If you have no clue what the Survival games is, go look it up. It's a Hunger Games-esque Minecraft mod where 24 players fight to the death. Usually you start off on a round platform that rises up. Back on-topic, and as I originally said, I have only seen an aerial shot. I have not seen a 3D view of it, only a top-down view. If the spawn platform (well, may be it isn't? You have no idea what to expect from a 2D view) isn't just a little platform, then I apologize for my earlier statement. Because from what I've seen of it it looks like a grey blotch in the middle of a desert. I expressed my opinion, and my opinion will probably change if I ever see it as it was meant to be.

I haven't been here in months, and I've taken quite a fair few hiatuses inbetween slight bursts of activity. For all I know someone nuked the server again with a firestorm and the original spawn was griefed.

, I have only seen an aerial shot. I have not seen a 3D view of it, only a top-down view. If the spawn platform (well, may be it isn't? You have no idea what to expect from a 2D view) isn't just a little platform, then I apologize for my earlier statement. Because from what I've seen of it it looks like a grey blotch in the middle of a desert. I expressed my opinion, and my opinion will probably change if I ever see it as it was meant to be.

How about an isometric view off of Dynmap?

PHvoPcQ.png

Ho[pe this clears things up. Sorry if I got a little defensive before. I was the one who designed and built the spawn point so naturally I got a little offended at it being called "disgusting"

No problemmo Gordon, I'll add you to the list, and you'll receive a PM shortly.

As for moving the spawn into the RRU Tower, I'm all up for that. I think there's a certain radius that you can randomly spawn in, but I doubt it fluctuates vertically enough to go above the first floor or two. Seeing what you guys have built so far on Dynmap, it looks awesome. :thumbsup:

Oh, and you mentioned something about the previous spawn Gordon? You're most likely talking about an older server which has since shut down. This one is approaching its third month of running, and aside from the original spawn I made for it (which fortunately for my dignity, only two people saw), Fushi's design was in use from the beginning.

GordonFreeman

Would have been the old server then, because it's been a looong time since I've been here, and since I've played on an RRU server.

No problemmo Gordon, I'll add you to the list, and you'll receive a PM shortly.

As for moving the spawn into the RRU Tower, I'm all up for that. I think there's a certain radius that you can randomly spawn in, but I doubt it fluctuates vertically enough to go above the first floor or two. Seeing what you guys have built so far on Dynmap, it looks awesome. :thumbsup:

Oh, and you mentioned something about the previous spawn Gordon? You're most likely talking about an older server which has since shut down. This one is approaching its third month of running, and aside from the original spawn I made for it (which fortunately for my dignity, only two people saw), Fushi's design was in use from the beginning.

:(

But if you move the spawn, my Eighth Note Lodge won't be like the gate into the player village anymore.

*sigh* Oh well... :P

But if you move the spawn, my Eighth Note Lodge won't be like the gate into the player village anymore.

Ah, I understand. Well, if you're happy to move the spawn into the RRU Tower that's fine, but if others are happy to leave the spawn at its current location that's also fine. I'll leave it up to you guys.

Players could always start off outside the tower and be welcomed in or something?

I was just joking ;)

Moving the spawn to the tower is awesome. Besides, the lodge will still be the Eastern gate into the village. 

I found a plugin that might be useful in case some of us have multiple bases far away from each other.
Creative Gates

However, you'd want to configure it to use water as the portal fluid, as its default setting is buggy on worlds that already have a Nether.

I was just joking ;)

Moving the spawn to the tower is awesome. Besides, the lodge will still be the Eastern gate into the village. 

Whoops, my mistake. :P

I found a plugin that might be useful in case some of us have multiple bases far away from each other.

Creative Gates

However, you'd want to configure it to use water as the portal fluid, as its default setting is buggy on worlds that already have a Nether.

That looks like an awesome plugin, I'll happily install it. Thanks EXRicky!

GordonFreeman

I'd appreciate it if someone could give me a piece of Watermelon, or a few Watermelon seeds. I need it for my farm, but it's not necessary :P

Edit: Someone was kind enough to give me 32 Watermelons, thank you! :D

UHC: Round 2

Are you a skilled warrior? A well-trained miner, and a talented farmer? Do you have what it takes to survive for three hours in the harshest of environments, with terrors around every corner?

Most importantly, are you mad enough to take on the most dreaded of trials - a round of UltraHardcore?

Then step up, bold - or, perhaps, stupid - warrior. Sign up to partake in the second round of UltraHardcore, and see if your name can be marked in the history books of the Rock Raiders United Minecraft server.

The previous, and first, round left just one challenger alive. The Ace Railgun continued building in the most devastating conditions, only just making it out alive, crowning him the victor. Close behind him, Antillies fought bravely, using strategy and tactics from hours of YouTube experience. Finally, ranking in third place, Shadowblaze rose up in spite of all expectations - including his own - to surpass all but the most skilled of adventurers.

Do you, Minecrafter, believe you have what it takes? Then take up your sword, your pickaxe and your hatchet, your hoe and your spade. Sign up for UltraHardcore: Round 2 today. If you dare...

Are you a skilled warrior? A well-trained miner, and a talented farmer? Do you have what it takes to survive for three hours in the harshest of environments, with terrors around every corner?

Most importantly, are you mad enough to take on the most dreaded of trials - a round of UltraHardcore?

No.

• Like 3

No.

I'm staying out of this round.

*AHEM* Allow me to rephrase that.

Do you like mining in Minecraft? Do you enjoy farming and collecting resources in the company of good friends? Do you love to build, build, build?

If the answer to any of the above is 'yes', then sign up to UltraHardcore today! This excellently fun game is great for all ages, and all abilities. Whether you're new to Minecraft or a veteran player, UltraHardcore will be sure to give you the best three hours of gaming you've ever had.

Meet new friends, learn new skills, and build wonderful creations. All in the lovely peaceful environment of Minecraft. Surround yourself with chickens, cows, and other friendly creatures, and see what you can achieve in a short space of time. Will you be the best player in the round?

The answer is: It doesn't matter! Everyone wins, in UltraHardcore. So go on, sign up today - you know you want to!

• Like 1

The Ace Railgun

Yeah, I'm still not signing up for this round I've got other stuff to deal with so I won't have enough time, put me on for round three though.

Well okay then. :)

Currently we have the following people signed up to UHC:

- JimbobJeffers

- jedi299

- Xiron

While this is probably enough, it would certainly be a lot more enjoyable if just a few more people joined. If you're interested in playing then please feel free to sign up!

Hm, Jimbob, when is the next UHC round? I can join only if it's in the weekend, during the rest of the week I don't have enough time.

I would like to join in on this one and maybe do a little better than last time.

Great, and good luck to you then. :thumbsup:

Hm, Jimbob, when is the next UHC round? I can join only if it's in the weekend, during the rest of the week I don't have enough time.

Well, as Xiron wasn't able to make it in the last round due to timing issues, he gets priority this time. I'll try and arrange it for a Saturday though, seeing as many people have school/college I don't see another option. I can add you to the list regardless if you like, and put you on priority for round 3 if you can't make it?

Also, antillies and Arthuriel are in, so we now have:

- Antillies

- Arthuriel

- jedi299

- JimbobJeffers

- RR Rocks

- Shadowblaze

- Xiron

That was quick!

Fluffy Cupcake

This Saturday I'm busy in the afternoon (morning and evening are fine though), the week after that I have work in the evening.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.