RRU Minecraft Server

Jimbob

That's fine Rob, no one's said anything on the contrary as of yet, so for the moment UHC: Round 4 will be on Sunday 23rd March.

Thanks again to all the responders, we now have:

Total participants: 7

You can PM me or use one of the previous UHC conversations to sign up too, if you wish.

Yep jedi299, feedback from UHC Round 3 was awesome, people loved it!

*awaits mod status on forum*

*mod status granted*

Also I've updated the requirements in the original post.

Excuse me for being a fair bit stupid right now but, how can users tell how long they have been on the fourms? I would like to join, 10 Posts I have made but I can't remember when I joined. Also, if I did sign up here more than four months ago I'd like to be signed up but I will ONLY join when I receive Minecraft, which might possibly be at the end of this week.

Fluffy Cupcake

Excuse me for being a fair bit stupid right now but, how can users tell how long they have been on the fourms?

You've been a member of RRU since the 2nd of May 2013. Where did I find this? Your profile page. ;) (It also says it when I hover over your username)

@JJ; I noticed you said "so please send me a PM on Rock Raiders United to handle reports" on the "What Not To Report" topic. Would sending a PM over on that forum be just as alright as RRU?

I'd like to see the Minecraft Server for myself (I am NOT saying I don't believe there is a Minecraft Server), that is... ...Until I get Minecraft.

You can check out the server online at any time here, in a Google Maps-style preview from Dynmap (see 'Plugins/Mods' below):

RRU SMP Server

Hint: Move your mouse to the right of the screen to open the sidebar. From here you can switch between the default flat overhead view and a 3D view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GLVDP_d_cg

Also, if I did sign up here more than four months ago I'd like to be signed up but I will ONLY join when I receive Minecraft, which might possibly be at the end of this week.

Well, you are certainly eligible, so if you do receive it then let me know and I'll happily add you to the server. :)

@JJ; I noticed you said "so please send me a PM on Rock Raiders United to handle reports" on the "What Not To Report" topic. Would sending a PM over on that forum be just as alright as RRU?

Yep, thanks for pointing that out too, I've edited it. :thumbsup:

Hey, I kinda want an opinion and some help with some ideas for some plugins that I wanna make.

The first plugin: Rocket Travel

What it does: It lets players travel to personal or global warps via "rocket" (flying minecart).

The second plugin: UHC Timer

What it does: In-game timer for UHC, it will also display as player count in the server screen on hover of the player count.

So yeah, these are my ideas. I'm looking for feedback on these.

The first plugin: Rocket Travel

What it does: It lets players travel to personal or global warps via "rocket" (flying minecart).

The second plugin: UHC Timer

What it does: In-game timer for UHC, it will also display as player count in the server screen on hover of the player count.

Seeing as it's been posted here, I'm guessing these are intended for use on the server? Well, obviously the second is, I'm more referring to the first.

1) That sounds like a much more visually-exciting method of transport rather than simple teleportation, great idea! Specifically to this server, I would have to ask for permissions compatibility to prevent teleporting in the Survival world.

2) A timer would be awesome, so long as it is possible to add time to it during/after a match (the last two rounds had bonus time added at the end, I seem to remember). Not sure the player count is as necessary but still a handy feature.

If you can make both of these, I'd love to stick 'em on the server. :thumbsup:

You may add me to the UHC list, Jimbo.  I think unless I say otherwise I'll be particpating every time :P

Awesome, I'll keep that in mind. :thumbsup: Anyone else want to be on an auto-sign-up?

That makes it:

Total participants: 8

Just one more and we can have a 3v3v3 match, and if any of you can invite friends/family then we could even hit four teams of three/three teams of four!

I would like to request access to your prestigious server, my good man. The name's le717, just like it is here. Thank you. Yours truly.

O.T.

I NEED SLEEP

Huh? You are already whitelisted on the server, and you knew that. Otherwise I don't understand.

SSSH he's just making it clear that he's now officially on the server ;)

Request granted, dear sir. Please enjoy your stay.

Oh, also, we need just one more person to sign up to UHC within the next 24 hours, then we can play a 3v3v3 match. Please, if you have any interest in it at all, don't hesitate to sign up now!

As you (JimbobJeffers) already know I might have a chance to join. But I didn't expect it to be a fight match or something. I am only wanting to gain access to the Server, not to fight, well. Anyways, count me in (When I get it).

RobExplorien

I can't join, 9 hour work shift on Saturday. :(

I recall the event is held on the upcoming sunday. Maybe you're available then?

Yes, UHC is on Sunday, I forgot about that. So we actually have... One day and 7 hours until Round 4?

Will do Ace, however if we can't make it to nine people, would you consider playing in the round instead?

Can ANYONE who is able to edit the Whitelist in the server right NOW please please PLEASE allow "Fred_Cop" to get in (That is me by the way).

The Ace Railgun

Yes, UHC is on Sunday, I forgot about that. So we actually have... One day and 7 hours until Round 4?

Will do Ace, however if we can't make it to nine people, would you consider playing in the round instead?

If we can't make it to 9 people? Sure I'll play if we can't make it to 9.

Can ANYONE who is able to edit the Whitelist in the server right NOW please please PLEASE allow "Fred_Cop" to get in (That is me by the way).

My apologies, I did wonder when you told me it was "Fred Cop" whether it should actually be "Fred_Cop". Ace whitelisted you and I've also added you to the permissions list. :thumbsup:

If we can't make it to 9 people? Sure I'll play if we can't make it to 9.

It's alright, we have all eight, but thanks anyway :)

Well, Round 4 took place yesterday, after a rather unfortunate 30-minute-late start. In future I'll hopefully be able to log in to set up the server should I not be able to join in again. The official results will be posted by Ace at some point, along with a video of the match! I wasn't there for much of the match but from what I did see, it was a pretty good match, with most people dying off early on. Apparently the randomly-generated world wasn't particularly nice.

I'd just like to give a huge thanks to The Ace Railgun, sincerely, as I wasn't there for the match so Ace did an excellent job of moderating as well as recording the match. Thank you, so very much. :thumbsup:

Arthuriel and I both spawned in a rather large Mesa biome with next to no wood. We were forced to make boats and venture onto the wild seas, until we found an island where I was shot by a skeleton and the rest I never saw.

Shadowblaze

Well, we spawned in a desert and we had to walk to a forest. We started getting wood, but there were no pigs or cows around, so we had to survive without food for the night. But the day after a thunderstorm started and we couldn't leave our cave, so during the night I starved to death. I don't know how RR Rocks died though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.