RRU Minecraft Server

Jimbob

The Ace Railgun

flash854.

Post of the year candidate...

Alright I'll add you to the whitelist, check back a few pages to see the IP address.

Edit: you've been added

Drill Master

Is it just me or has the server been down for several weeks? Also what version of the game is it?

I sent you a PM with the IP for the new server. It runs the latest MC Version.

• 1 month later...
MaelstromIslander

Because August 1st has past, can i join the server? :)

Yes, what's your MC username?

Its in my system specs on my profile. Its Enderdragon59.

I look forward to seeing you on the server when you come. By the way, I can't help but noticed how deserted the server has been before RRU's 6th Anniversary, its like everyone decided to turn away to work on other things (which is probably the reason). 

The Ace Railgun

Because August 1st has past, can i join the server? :)

Yes, what's your MC username?

Its in my system specs on my profile. Its Enderdragon59.

Alright, I'll add you tonight

I look forward to seeing you on the server when you come. By the way, I can't help but noticed how deserted the server has been before RRU's 6th Anniversary, its like everyone decided to turn away to work on other things (which is probably the reason).

Well, considering I'm making an Anime, and JJ still hasn't returned...

Fluffy Cupcake

I haven't really been on there sever since BEFORE the major loss. My diehard Minecraft fan version of myself was 3-4 years ago, sorry. Now days I'm mostly "meh" to Minecraft unless I'm inspired to create something in creative mode.

Drill Master

I got on today and noticed that someone had placed redstone in my house to symbolize blood and at the end of the trail was a Head (which proves that it was either a Mod or someone helped by a Mod) and a sign with the Headless Horseman sig on it. Who did this?

Fluffy Cupcake

I got on today and noticed that someone had placed redstone in my house to symbolize blood and at the end of the trail was a Head (which proves that it was either a Mod or someone helped by a Mod) and a sign with the Headless Horseman sig on it. Who did this?

Someone with a bad sense of humor. I honestly have no clue.

Drill Master

So I've been working on a little something on the new server (with some help from Xiron).

I present a battle style minigame in where 2 teams battle to defeat the other.

gallery_4309_397_853572.png

What you do:

Each team is supplied with bows and arrows and 1 flint and steel. The object of the game it to use shoot at the enemy's pillars and blow up their TNT by hitting the buttons underneath them, and also light the platform at their base.

gallery_4309_397_131852.png

Added in the middle are some getintheway bars to make it harder to get to the enemy base.

gallery_4309_397_996760.png

In order to win, your team MUST be the first to blow up the enemy's TNT and have the ENTIRE fire platform lit. (and keep it lit as the enemy will try to put it out.

Rules: Play nice, no breaking blocks, no outside items (empty your inventories before entering).

Now, my plan was to make it 4 people on each team at least. That means 8 people at a time must join the server. Hope this will persuade people to come back on? Possibly?

Anyway, that's about it. Let me know you wanna play.

• Like 3

-Bunch of awesome stuff-

This is great! :thumbsup: Maybe we need to find a way to make it work well even with less players, and I think it's kinda small for an arena, we should expand it a bit.

Rules: Play nice, no breaking blocks, no outside items (empty your inventories before entering).

No breaking blocks? Do you know that you can set the player to adventure mode when he enters the arena, using command blocks?

No breaking blocks? Do you know that you can set the player to adventure mode when he enters the arena, using command blocks?

Command blocks have been disabled on the server. I know because I tried to use one for something myself :c

The Ace Railgun

Maybe we need to find a way to make it work well even with less players, and I think it's kinda small for an arena, we should expand it a bit.

It's actually the perfect size for just two teams of four, and if there where any less players it wouldn't be nearly as fun.

This looks fun though, i'd love to try a round sometime. 

• Like 1

Drill Master

No breaking blocks?

That is based on a trust system in which I trust players to not break the map.

If you do I will ban you :P 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all. I bring some news. I was able to get a hold of Jimbob Jeffers, The Server Admin yesterday. For those who are wondering, he is doing fine and all is going well. We had a nice chat for a while just sharing what we've been doing. After a bit, he asked how the server was doing, which it has been going rather well with no problems. I then proposed an idea to him. He agreed and gave me the green light. He has enabled Command Blocks (Mods only) and allowed me to build this.

I call it a Gamemode Station.

gallery_4309_397_289375.png

gallery_4309_397_248966.png

Now, what it does is it allows players to enter Creative or Survival Modes depending on which door they go through, seen here.

gallery_4309_397_94300.png

Here's the deal, though. This is a test. If all goes well and we don't have any problems, I'll keep it up. If things start to get out of hand, I'll take it down and we'll go back to before. JJ liked the idea of freebuild as he put it, where the Survival and Creative worlds are as one. So you can go build a city somewhere and then switch to Survival to live in it. Basically, it's to give players more freedom. Now, with that being said, there are the rules, seen here.

gallery_4309_397_222960.png

If Ace, Xiron, or Fush would like to add anything, or I have missed something, let me know. By the way, this station is just outside the Player Village.

I would like to see how this works out. See how we grow from this.

Also, before you ask, JJ did not say anything about updating to 1.8 yet. I can ask him later if I can contact him. I'm just not going to hound him about it since he still has some things on his plate.

Anyway, that is the news. Enjoy the Creative Mode.

• Like 4

The Ace Railgun

Yeah, and don't you guys go hounding him about it either, but I like the idea DM. Though I'm a little worried about griefers so if any one of you griefs this building is coming down.

Also, I'd like to add a rule, no inappropriate builds, this is an all ages server after all.

I have updated the server to 1.8

• Like 2

Ok um...

Dear fellow members of the RRU server... I wanted to test a specific command and I think I messed it up...

I wanted to use /kill on a group of chickens, and for some odd reason, when I hit ENTER, I might have removed ALL entities at least in the village including but not limited to armor stands, item frames, horses, cows, zombie pigmen, Xiron, the chickens I wanted to kill, any other animal in the area, etc...

So uh, I formally apologize and should I get the wild idea to kill chickens with the /kill command, I shall do it in an SP world from now on.

My bad.

(Seriously though, all I did was type /kill @e[type=Chicken] and it blew up...)

I wanted to use /kill on a group of chickens, and for some odd reason, when I hit ENTER, I might have removed ALL entities at least in the village including but not limited to armor stands, item frames, horses, cows, zombie pigmen, Xiron, the chickens I wanted to kill, any other animal in the area, etc...

Well...   ...Back to Breeding.

The Ace Railgun

No problem, it's just a game, and it's really quite ridiculous to get upset over a game :P especially when you can just go into creative mode and re-spawn the things you lost.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.