RRU Minecraft Server

Jimbob

Fluffy Cupcake

I'm gonna join! My player tag is Phantom_Terror

Well for one thing, I know you can't read rules which is a bad enough start as is.

You see, the first post in the topic says:

"In order to sign up to this server you must have at least 10 posts and have been a member for at least 4 months."

And you clearly don't meet either of those requirements.

Phantom Terror

I'm gonna join! My player tag is Phantom_Terror

Well for one thing, I know you can't read rules which is a bad enough start as is.

You see, the first post in the topic says:

"In order to sign up to this server you must have at least 10 posts and have been a member for at least 4 months."

And you clearly don't meet either of those requirements.

I got overexcited and posted before I read. I do that sometimes. I'm getting close to the joining point though.

Fluffy Cupcake

I got overexcited and posted before I read. I do that sometimes. I'm getting close to the joining point though.

If by 1 post and 3 months to go, then yup.

Phantom Terror

Last I checked, I have 10 posts, and March is almost over, so about 2 months to go.

Fluffy Cupcake

Last I checked, I have 10 posts, and March is almost over, so about 2 months to go.

It has been exactly 1 month since February 25th, so no.

RobExplorien

So Antillies and I started off in a relatively nice spot, southwest of the mighty rock, in a savannah. The desert was close by but we didn't pay any attention to it. All went fine, we chopped down trees, crafted the mandatory set of stone tools and created a pig massacre. Antillies went out a bit to seek for a cave. By the time we both got there it was close to pitch dark outside but luckily the mobs showed mercy and didn't spawn around us.

After quickly lighting torches and closing off the cave entrance we set up our temporary base and started mining more coal and iron ore. At the same time we tried to venture down further in the cave system, to be greeted by the vengeful Skeletons and nitwit Zombies. Two of the former gave me a surprise by suddenly appearing behind me via a ceiling hole, but luckily Antillies came and we slaughtered both. After that we smelted iron ore, crafted our iron equipment and decided to look for another way to go down in the cavern. That's the point where Antillies made a deathly mistake by breaking the wrong stone block, causing a zombie to take him down immediately after. I ran back to base like the chicken I am trying to save at least some dignity for team Block Chasers.

Antillies's stuff was too dangerous to reach for, still being guarded by the undeath. I recollected my courage (talked a bit more with my deceased team member via a Skype call to revise tactics) and decided to go down via a stairway in search for the deeper lying cavities in Minecraft's flat world. While mining my way through I stumbled upon a vain of not 4, 5, 6 or 7, but 8 diamonds! I, happy as a kid who just received a lollipop, stashed the gems in my inventory and went back to looking for where those growling noises came from. In the meantime Shadowblaze died from starvation I believe so that put us, Arthuriel, RR Rocks (if I recall) and me, in a 1 VS 1 VS 1 fight. Later on I found the cave where the growling came from and also found pretty gold ore to supply my apples with a gold coating. A few blocks further I found a lava pool with diamond ore above it and a stream of water with more gold ore next to it, so I was cashing in in just the first hour. I got some obsidian for the enchantment table and mined some more. I figured I may be able to lock someone in with it later on.
Me, fed up with the underground atmosphere, went up to explore the outskirts of our 'claimed area'. I had 18 diamonds in my pocket so that certainly gave me a huge advantage, but without a bow I felt naked. I stumbled upon an NPC village in the desert not far from our base, so this was a great moment to collect on carrots. The blacksmith's chests yielded 5 apples and iron horse armor, not any more special (not like the horse armor aided me during the UHC). To my great surprise a desert temple was just around the corner, with in it lots of gold bars, an enchanted book (Projectile Protection IV) and ofcourse the TNT. I was going nuts in front of my monitor which may have looked really stupid. Anyway, I stayed for a night with the lovely squidward people (who by dawn were mostly killed by zombies), made a few golden apples and then went out to look for my final opponent, Arthuriel.
So in short I've been looking for Arthuriel for half the round to no avail. We were both looking for the other so I guess we must've missed each other by both walking counterclockwise over the map. The Ace Railgun got bored of us pointlessly running around in squares and opted for a Death Match pretty much from the point when there were only two man still standing, which was practically after an hour. Well, finally we were teleported to the mighty rock where the spawnpoint was at.

I expected Arthuriel to have a bow at hand, but luckily that wasn't the case. Too bad maybe, since I actually had the best protection against arrows. Soon I discovered I was overpowered against him, he only having an iron sword and the fitting armor, along with lots of cobblestone. I slowly tried to get to him and lit a few blocks of TNT as a warning. He made a coward pillar of cobblestone, so the TNT didn't really help to get there. So, I made myself a small stairway to get to him. I lit a block of TNT right underneath him, but he got away faster than I anticipated. I forgot that the blast caused by the TNT could knock you off your platform, and since I was high up I fell down to receive a welcoming death in the sand.
I suck.

tl;dr: My experience and perspective of Minecraft UHC round 4. Just check out the footage The Ace Railgun made of this round (once he gets it uploaded).

I had it all... (well, except for a bow)

E1zExsU.png

• Like 3

Shadowblaze
I don't know if I should be posting this here when the discussion of the UHC is still on

You shouldn't. And anyways this is not the place to post screenshots. The Minecraft Screenshot topic is the place.

Anyways... That Chrome Crusher you made there is a bit too massive and messy, you could try making it simpler.

Fluffy Cupcake

Can i Join?

You have to be a member for at least four months. You should have read the OP before posting.

That... or the last few posts to avoid deja-vu. I hate it when people ask for things when they don't even read what is right in front of them.

The Ace Railgun

I hate it when people ask for things when they don't even read what is right in front of them.

You and me both, yes please read the rules... 

Drill Master

In order to sign up to this server you must have at least 10 posts and have been a member for at least 4 months.

Please read the OP first next time.

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake

In order to sign up to this server you must have at least 10 posts and have been a member for at least 4 months.

Please read the OP first next time.

And the last 10 posts.... this is the third time in a row. -_-

• Like 3

Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's two announcements I've... Got... Uh, to go.

1) There's been a fair bit of griefing around the place recently. This was a little unexpected, particularly as RRU is meant to be a mature and friendly place, so I'm unfortunately going to set down some more strict rules. Moderators will now give you a warning each time you grief. After three warnings, you will be issued a temporary ban and your case will be discussed among the moderators. If you are allowed back on to the server and grief just once more, a permanent ban will be issued. There are no exceptions to this rule - you grief and ruin this server, you're out. I'm paying for this server to allow people to come together and enjoy themselves externally from the forum, you have no right to ruin that and there will be no more Mr Nice Guy from me if you are abusive.

2) On a more light-heated note: With 32 members now, Drill Master has been promoted to the ranks of Moderator! Happy law-enforcing, DM :thumbsup:.

• Like 3

Shadowblaze

Yay Drill Master! :D

Jimbob, when we get to an high enough member count, can I please become a moderator? Actually I don't play MC that much, so it's your choice to do that or not. That actually wouldn't change much to me.

EDIT: Can you please tell me what was griefed, Jimbob?

Bleh I miss this server... I can't play Minecraft anymore since I got my SSD and installed windows on there..

There's been a fair bit of griefing around the place recently. This was a little unexpected, particularly as RRU is meant to be a mature and friendly place, so I'm unfortunately going to set down some more strict rules. Moderators will now give you a warning each time you grief. After three warnings, you will be issued a temporary ban and your case will be discussed among the moderators. If you are allowed back on to the server and grief just once more, a permanent ban will be issued. There are no exceptions to this rule - you grief and ruin this server, you're out. I'm paying for this server to allow people to come together and enjoy themselves externally from the forum, you have no right to ruin that and there will be no more Mr Nice Guy from me if you are abusive.

Griefing again:rf:  I was disappointed the first time this happened. For griefing to occur again is not right (well, it is not right at all, but honestly, twice?!). Is there any hint as to who has done such a terrible deed?

One plugin of note is Grieflog. It tracks everything everyone does - if you find someone has griefed your creation, stand by it and use the command /glog report. I can then find out who the culprit is.

I haven't logged into MC since last week, but I try to check the dynamap often. The only person I've seen online is Ben 24x7, but he was always building his Rock Raider vehicles, so I kinda doubt it was him.

First of all, I appreciate the offer Shadowblaze, so thanks. :) A couple of people have requested to be moderators, and I've had to politely decline as moderators need to:

1) Be active frequently

2) Be trusted members (it may be a little biased, but this is why I have chosen all current moderators, as I know them more personally than others)

3) Be responsible

However this doesn't mean that when (if) more members join, I'll look for another moderator. I'll let ya'll know if I'd like you on the team, as I'd prefer that rather than being requested by members. :thumbsup:

Secondly, onto the topic of griefing. I don't think it would be right to publicly announce the source of the griefing, so I'm not going to say who it was. However, I would like to thank the server moderators (in particular The Ace Railgun on this occasion) for dealing with it so excellently, and I haven't had another report since. It's in the past now, so there's no need to be suspicious of other members any more*. Everyone's slate is wiped clean. :)

Lastly... That's a shame Pascal :( I thought that Minecraft could be played on SSD's though? This server is run on one, I think.

*'Cept from us moderators, we're ALWAYS watching you...

Griefing again:rf:  I was disappointed the first time this happened. For griefing to occur again is not right (well, it is not right at all, but honestly, twice?!). Is there any hint as to who has done such a terrible deed?

Calm your rage, son.  Should griefing happen?  No, but it's not something to go all ballistic about.  Jimbo and the mods will handle it.

I wasn't in a rage, actually. I just used that emote as a way to express my disappointment. And I wasn't asking who did it, I asked it they knew who might have done it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.