RRU Minecraft Server

Jimbob

hey im fairly new to minecraft and actually got it after reading about this server. wondering if you would be able to add me to the list

A couple of announcements to make.

Firstly, I'm glad you'd like to join the server c4squid, I'll add you and notify you via PM when you're in. :thumbsup:

Secondly, the server is currently down for maintenance. I'm going through and re-configuring a bunch of things, particularly in order to add a second Creative world to the server. When ready, you will be able to travel between Survival and Creative worlds (with separate inventories) via portal hubs at the world spawnpoints. Dynmap will be configured to render both worlds, but I'm deleting the current maps and re-rendering them at lower resolutions as the current files are HUGE - it's taken over two hours so far for the file to be deleted via FTP. They won't look awful, it's just that you won't be able to zoom in as far.

I aim to have the server back up by tomorrow.

Thirdly...

UHC: Round 3

Yesterday at 6pm UTC, six courageous warriors entered the brutal world of Minecraft UltraHardcore. Grouped into three teams of two, their goal was to survive and slay both opposing teams. The contestants were as follows:

Face Melters

Spyrius Smashers

The Green Lurkers

The first player to go was Arthuriel, after stepping outside in front of me there was a sudden 'BOOM' and he was gone. I died shortly after, being unable to continue strongly without him...
The remaining two teams fought on valiantly and survived long past the original ending time. Unfortunately my online access to the server was temporarily cut for a period of time, during which Antillies died, so I was unable to see how. But after re-establishing connection, the three remaining adventurers met up for a climatic ending.

Swords clashed, armour was bashed, and structures were built with rapid speed in a tense struggle. After the dust settled, only one competitor remained...
The last man standing was RR Rocks! Therefore, the winning team this round are !

Commiserations to Shadowblaze and RobExplorien for coming in second place, and well done to all who took part. I don't know about the rest of you, but I found this round to be the most fun yet!

Awards

Most Sudden Death: Arthuriel

Bragging Rights: RR Rocks

• Like 2

Sorry I couldn't make it that time, but sounds like you guys had a blast! I'll probably be ok to join in next time. :)

I said that I would do better this time and that is just what I did. I want to once again say good game to all contestants and to my ally, antillies, without whom I would not have been able to win! Thanks guys, I had a lot of fun this time!

Umm, the server seems to be down at the moment. Unless something's wrong on my end, I'd like some confirmation on this.

Umm, the server seems to be down at the moment. Unless something's wrong on my end, I'd like some confirmation on this.

Secondly, the server is currently down for maintenance.

Okay, I'm really sorry but... The server's going to be down for a little while longer. Dynmap has created thousands of files which has already taken 8 hours to delete via FTP, and is going to take a lot longer.

I've contacted the server hosts to request a direct deletion of the folder, hopefully I can have it back up and running by tomorrow.

Again, my sincere apologies.

Shadowblaze

Okay, I'm really sorry but... The server's going to be down for a little while longer. Dynmap has created thousands of files which has already taken 8 hours to delete via FTP, and is going to take a lot longer.

I've contacted the server hosts to request a direct deletion of the folder, hopefully I can have it back up and running by tomorrow.

Again, my sincere apologies.

Oh dang, that's bad :( now that I wanted to finish my house and take a look at the RRU Tower.

Oh dang, that's bad :( now that I wanted to finish my house and take a look at the RRU Tower.

Again, I'm sorry. But it'll be up soon. And there's a shiny awesome new Creative world for ya'll to explore, plus I've revamped the permissions and Dynmap and other little tidbits to make it a much better server.

Shadowblaze

Oh, then it's alright, I hope it will improve :thumbsup: What will the Creative world look like? I mean, will it be a normal world or a superflat one?

The Ace Railgun

JJ, I'm going to be making a bukkit mod this spring break, when I'm finished could I test it on the server? It's going to be a teleport mod that adds a special effect to the now bland teleporting function.

Fluffy Cupcake

What will the Creative world look like? I mean, will it be a normal world or a superflat one?

Secret... everything must remain secret. :B

Except that the server should hopefully be up tomorrow within less than 20 hours.

Xiron answered Shadow's question, all will be revealed soon enough!

Sure Ace, so long as you've done some amount of offline testing first to make sure it doesn't blow up the server ;)

:light3:  :light4:  :light2:  :light1:  IT'S PARTY TIME!  :light2:  :light3:  :light1:  :light4:

It's been a while, but the RRU server is finally back. And it's better than ever!

Before I mention anything else, I must give a huge thanks the following members: Drill Master, Fushigisaur, The Ace Railgun and Xiron. You guys were awesome.

So, what's new? The biggest change is a brand new Creative world. The portal to this world is located right at the top of the RRU Tower, it's quite a climb. An emerald portal on the portal floor, built by Fushigisaur, filled with flowing water - which denotes an active portal - resides there, simply walk into it to teleport between worlds. The portal hub in the Creative world, created by Xiron, contains a large portal back to the Survival world again. Take the stairs in one corner down below, and you'll find many more portals, the majority of which have yet to be claimed. Head outside and you can find a brand new Build Wars stadium, built by Drill Master too.

Unfortunately, Dynmap's latest update seems to have broken it. Or something. Whatever the reason, it's reporting 404 errors, so I just need to fix that up before it's ready.

EDIT: Fixed. Welcome back, Dynmap.

Below is a more detailed list of everything that's changed:

Survival

• Has a separate inventory to the Creative world.
  • Is accessed through the main portal in the Creative world's portal hub (coordinates X=0, Y=64, Z=0).
  • iSail, GrassPlanter, Parachute and SalvageSmelter plugins have been removed (to keep the total count below 20, and also due to lack of use/need).
  • Mods have more restrictions applied on their available commands. This is to make Survival more Survival-y for them, too.
  • ...But they still get some amazing punishment abilities. Do NOT disobey any server rules, or a mod will be given free reign to torture and abuse you in many imaginative ways.

Creative

• Has a separate inventory to the Survival world.
  • Is accessed through the portal near the top of the RRU Tower.
  • Members have access to the /give and /teleport commands in this world. Do not abuse this right or they will be removed!
  • Downstairs in the portal hub, there are a large number of empty portals. You may build your Creative area and create a portal, then request a portal to be set up to it in the portal hub for ease of access (only the Admin has access to this, mods cannot).
  • There are also three portals already set up. One to the Build Wars Arena, another to the LEGO Island map created by Xiron, and the third to the void area (for building places from scratch) set up by Xiron.
  • Mods have a range of commands available to them, including WorldEdit and VoxelSniper. You may request a mod to use any of these tools for you.
  • And they also get some amazing punishment abilities. Do NOT disobey any server rules, or a mod will be given free reign to torture and abuse you in many imaginative ways.

Build Wars Arena

• Is located nearby the portal hub in the Creative world.
  • Will host Build Wars, where members can compete to build in Creative in two teams, and the mods can vote on the winners.
  • Has build plots around it for members to freebuild.

Enjoy!

EDIT: I feel I haven't given justice to the amount of hard work DM and Xiron put into their respective contributions.

Build Wars, which Drill Master built, is this seriously awesome huge area of land containing plots of land and a centerpiece stadium. The huge stadium contains a judges panel, audience seating areas, a Hall of Fame and some command blocks to run the rounds with. Rounds of Build Wars consist of a Red team facing off against a Blue team to construct the most epic object, with the winners decided by the four judges (the moderating team). Winners have a screenshot taken and placed in the Hall of Fame. It is totally awesome, you should check it out!

LEGO Island and The Void are two areas Xiron built and set up. LEGO Island is a huge recreation of LEGO Island from the first game, and is astonishing to look at - and that's before you get close and check out its level of detail. Best viewed with the LIMC texture pack, you should definitely go and check it out when you next get the chance.

The Void is a vast expanse of nothingness. Here members can build their own lands from scratch, so you get to define your landscape. You can build anything you can imagine here, from sky villages to islands to space stations! If you'd like a specific biome, ask a mod to change the biome via WorldEdit.

Finally, the portal hub is the center (literally) of the Creative world. It contains portals to the Survival world and lands that other members have created. Look down and you will see a huge and very familiar logo!

• Like 3

I am not on Minecraft often, but I think it would be cool to drop in on the server and take a look at all the big things that are being added right now, so if you will kind enough to add me, I'll be glad to join.

I am prototyke in Minecraft too.

Fluffy Cupcake

Updated LIMC resource pack (link still same).

-Fixed red sand texture not working

-Fixed Sandstone not being changed

-added music that I forgot to put in when updating

-renamed music discs [English only]

-updated Hud

Many reports say that MorePlayerModels is broke server side (as it was before reopening, I think). Everyone says they see changes on themselves but not others.

I am prototyke in Minecraft too.

Added.

Edit: Requesting relocation of giant waffle to creative. Just set up a time and I'll do it. It shouldn't take long (15 mins at most?)

MorePlayerModels is broken? I'll check which version I have, thanks for letting me know. And thanks for adding Prototyke :) Can you let me know who else you've whitelisted? Because Prototyke wasn't added to PEX (which I think I might have to do), I've added you now though.

Request granted, I'll be on this evening (so around same time as we were online yesterday) hopefully.

Fluffy Cupcake

Only those in posts (either here or screenshot topic) have been whitelisted.

Also, can you do something about the ability to toggle downfall in creative world? I mean, if we can't do that, might as well as not be able to set the time as well. :P

Mmk. So like around 11AM-12PM my time (PST) then, correct?

Also, Ace and I found the rename feature in the /punishment to be useful for renaming those players with unfamilliar MC names to ones on RRU, like Tahmira to Ace, and probably your name to JimbobJeffers for example :P. Although I think it may be temporal until the player leaves.

Ah, well I'm not about to trawl through 15 pages to find them. If anyone finds they get permission errors when they shouldn't, let me know.

Thereabouts, yes. I can't say anything definite but hopefully that'll be the time.

Ooh, interesting. Alternatively I could use this, if it works.

EDIT: Finally, Dynmap's up and running again!

EDIT 2: Just thought I'd make it clear, you can build anywhere you want on the Creative world, except inside the stadium where you are restricted to the build plots.

Drill Master

Just a quick notice, the server is frozen. Fushigisaur and I aren't on it, even though the dynmap says we are. We were on when it froze, hence why we are still in there. Ace has sent a PM to JJ, so just sit tight. ;)

Fluffy Cupcake

This stuff is not the important part, the Edit is.

Just wanted to post the bug report link of the error we get: https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-34947?jql=text%20~%20%22io.netty.handler.timeout.ReadTimeoutException%22

It seems to be a moddless non-bukkit vanilla bug just as much as it is for bukkit, and Mojang are very much aware of the error.

Also, some say it has been happening since 1.7.2 (although the "affects versions" list seems to go further back, and 1.7.1 is marked as fixed version)

Edit: As testing I have done has shown (as well as how it happened for you as stated by the guys) void edges are the cause in our case. I tested the map myself, and anytime I got near the edge. Boom. THE ERROR HAS OCCURRED! Even after regenning new chunks, the old crash area would get fixed, but it would crash when the new edge was reached. So yeah, for who knows what reason the game can't take the cut. :(

Also I did a scan for corrupted areas, nothing appears to be wrong. And on top of that, I added a level of bedrock at the bottom for crash test. Seems to have fixed it.

Also, fear not. I don't believe data will be lost, in fact, the players who did the crash will probably still be close to the crash zone. If you have NBTEdit NBTExplorer, I mildly suggest you change their coords in their player data to elsewhere like spawn. If not, I'm sure they can manage to not run into the area again.

Hours later Edit 2: Hey, who fixed the server?

On another note. I moved The Void area 30 blocks down. (It was a bit too high, everything slightly tall was in the clouds...), so you have to fix the portals for it.

The server probably fixed itself, as it is set to restart every 4 hours if no one is online, and also perform backups daily which restarts the server too. That's the only reason I can think of, I certainly didn't interfere.

I'm glad it's running and I hope this error doesn't occur again!

Fluffy Cupcake

Ah, must of been the auto-restart.

I'm glad it's running and I hope this error doesn't occur again!

As long as no one ever goes near the border of the normal world and the void again. It won't. ;)

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.