RRU Minecraft Server

Jimbob

Eek... I'll check which version Bukkit is up to. What with all the plugins currently installed, it may be that you have to downgrade your client when using the server :/

Thanks for letting me know.

Drill Master

Ok. 7 out of the 8 members that joined the Build Wars are now locked in to the bracket. However, the 1 member failed to reply to the warning PM within the limit and has been removed from this Championship competition, but is still available to join the next Championship. I am now in need of 1 more member to join the Build Wars to finally get it under way. First person to say they want to gets the spot.

On another note, I will need at least 4 people on the server (not counting the 2 competitors of each round or myself) to be on. Along with me, those 4 will be the judges. Any additional members who wish to judge the builds are welcome, but 4 members minimum are needed. This is a community effort.

For more information, click the link below.

http://rrucraft.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/12794867-rru-build-wars-championship-1

Can someone please refresh my memory as to when Build Wars is going to occur? I have time this afternoon, tomorrow, and most of Saturday to help judge. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still wondering about the Build Wars date, but I also had some random idea that is probably no good due to my lack of understanding of Bukkit and Minecraft servers. :P

What if the world was backed up, a new, smaller, and empty world was put in it's place, and one of the development builds of Bukkit (say, the last one for MC 1.7.5) was uploaded, and we would test it for stability? While it is a development build, I'm sure not every single development build is so unstable it will wipe the world and break the whole server the moment someone initiates a connection request. :P Just because it is labeled "development" does not mean it is totally unstable to the point it would be used only for a few short minutes on a temporary testing server. Perhaps if some of the development builds were tested in the real world, we could find out which ones would be suitable for playing with. If the build I linked was unstable, then an older (or maybe newer) one would be added, the test world regenerated, and testing would continue. I doubt this would all happen in a single day (maybe a weeks time), but in the end it would mean we could use a newer version of MC to connect and perhaps update mods.

Like I said, this idea is probably pure junk, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. :P

From what I can tell by looking at dynamap, the server just froze at 1 PM (13:00) minecraft time, and says both EXricky and I are still logged in. Refreshing the dynamap yields nothing else, since it reverts to exactly 13:00 minecraft time. I'm guessing this is when we got disconnected? I should also mention that this happened at 1 AM (UTC +4:00) real time. This is quite a conundrum.

Sorry I haven't been around lately to take care of this. Either the server needs more RAM or someone's let loose a bunch of squids again :P

I'll take a look at the server later and see what's wrong. Also, I've had various plugins suggested to me over the past month which I have yet to implement (I haven't been on the server for a long time). Rather than me having to go through all the various PMs and such I have, could people please reply with their request mods either here or on the RRUCraft forum?

MaelstromIslander

Regarding my last post; has it been long enough for me to join? (Le said it takes 3 months to be let in, so, has it been 3 months yet?)

The Ace Railgun

Regarding my last post; has it been long enough for me to join? (Le said it takes 3 months to be let in, so, has it been 3 months yet?)

It's 4 months to get in. Also the server is currently down.

Drill Master

Maelstrom, if you move your cursor over your name, and look where it says Member Since: , that tells you when you joined. In your case, you joined on April 1st, therefore you will be eligible to join the server on August 1st.

MaelstromIslander

You know, i was a "Newbie" before i was a "Member", i was here longer than that.

Drill Master

You know, i was a "Newbie" before i was a "Member", i was here longer than that.

No... That date was when you joined RRU.

The Ace Railgun

No... That date was when you joined RRU.

DM is correct, that date is the date you joined. And it say April 1st 2014, you've been on for a little over a month. I don't think you qualify yet.

Edit: the server is back online

• Like 1

Firstly, my apologies for the lack of maintenance on this server. As I've already said, I've been taking (and still am taking) a big 'time out'. Secondly, I have some rather bad news to report...

As of a few weeks ago, I hosted two servers, both with the same provider. My own private server, which was paid with an automatic monthly subscription, and the RRU server which for some reason had to be manually paid for each month. Unfortunately, for various reasons, I frequently forgot to make the payments. This time however it was left too late - I was charged a late fee, and the server hosts terminated my server.

This means that not only has the server been shut down, but all data in the server has been wiped completely. Everything that was worked on, both in the Survival and Creative worlds, has been cleared and the hosts will not allow me to reactivate the server. I am so, so very sorry to everyone for this, my lack of attention has led to the creations you all worked so hard to create to be lost. I can't say enough how sorry I am.

I have, however, set up a new server to compensate. This has been set up on the same account as my own private one, and should auto-renew. It is version 1.7.9, everyone has been whitelisted* and opped as necessary, and I have set up daily backups which I can download and store locally for security. The server is Vanilla, for as much as Bukkit is fun, it was rather hectic for me to keep a manage of in my current situation, and therefore the simplicity of Vanilla is desirable.

I hope you can forgive me for the loss of the old server, and that you enjoy this new one. The new IP address is:

76.72.172.163:25620

I've set it as a Survival server, too. If you'd rather be on Creative just ask a mod to switch you out. Happy mining!

*I believe so anyway. If you can't log on, just post here with your username or ask a mod to whitelist you.

• Like 6

This means that not only has the server been shut down, but all data in the server has been wiped completely. Everything that was worked on, both in the Survival and Creative worlds, has been cleared and the hosts will not allow me to reactivate the server. I am so, so very sorry to everyone for this, my lack of attention has led to the creations you all worked so hard to create to be lost. I can't say enough how sorry I am.

Originally when I tried to think of how to reply to this post I thought I should say 'Noooooooooooooooo, my projects, oh! My PROJECTS!' but, of course, that would be too far. And I do accept your sorrys. So, new begginings! I look forward to this!

MaelstromIslander

Firstly, my apologies for the lack of maintenance on this server. As I've already said, I've been taking (and still am taking) a big 'time out'. Secondly, I have some rather bad news to report... As of a few weeks ago, I hosted two servers, both with the same provider. My own private server, which was paid with an automatic monthly subscription, and the RRU server which for some reason had to be manually paid for each month. Unfortunately, for various reasons, I frequently forgot to make the payments. This time however it was left too late - I was charged a late fee, and the server hosts terminated my server. This means that not only has the server been shut down, but all data in the server has been wiped completely. Everything that was worked on, both in the Survival and Creative worlds, has been cleared and the hosts will not allow me to reactivate the server. I am so, so very sorry to everyone for this, my lack of attention has led to the creations you all worked so hard to create to be lost. I can't say enough how sorry I am.

I'm not even ready to get on the server yet and this makes me sad... i guess its because of my experiences with griefers and the removal of precious creations makes me feel bad...

Well I personally had nothing to lose. My house was boring and I hardly built anything else... my only significant contribution was work on the RRU tower. May it rest in piece.

I'm sad that everyone else's awesome creations were lost though :c

MaelstromIslander

I'm sad that everyone else's awesome creations were lost though :c

Same, i wanted to see everyone's cool creations, i guess that will never happen. :(

On the bright side, that gives me an opportunity to build something that's been on my mind for several days now.

Drill Master

I never got to finish my ship. :(

But, to be honest, I was kinda getting bored of it. It really wasn't what I wanted it to look like and I didn't feel like changing it.

Also I think this actually a good thing. Gives everyone a fresh start with new ideas and such.

The Ace Railgun

Kinda miffed bout loosing my progress on the RLS legacy, but I can just start again I guess. And since RRU tower is gone I say we wait until the height increase is added to start again.

Sure, we are all disappointed over losing everything, even for others amazing work, but it's not the end of the world, and certainly (hopefully?) nobody is upset at you, Jimbob. Honestly, I knew this (everything being lost) would happen eventually, though how I didn't know.

This reminds me of a post in the LEGO Universe Beta section on the LMBs about the announcement of the third, maybe fourth, beta wipe (not: not the exact words).

"When the first beta wipe was announced, we were all like "AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO I DON'T WANT TO LOOSE MY CHARACTER, but now we are like "Oh, another beta wipe. OK then."

New start, new time, new experiences, new builds. Sounds fun. :)

Fluffy Cupcake

Now that we are starting over. How about Minecraft survival, with a twist? :B (I really wish these were up to date though, but I honestly don't mind a downgrade especially since it is so easy to select your MC version from the launcher now days. The guy has been inactive for 1.5 years. : /)

I remember trying some of these out before years ago. It was quite fun not knowing what to expect.

I'm interested in signing up. My Minecraft username is ToaMeiko.

Cool. We'll add you to the "Add to the server when they qualify" list.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.