Return To Planet U (THE END?)

Lair

Someday.

It seems 50 is the wanted number. However, I would perfer a number divisible by 4 (when you see a preview of the levelpicker you will understand).

And when I ask you people for amound of levels, don't say "whatever you want". I need a goal.

50 + 2 = Numbers divisible by 4. 48 has more factors so you could have many more different symmetrical patterns than you could with 52.

60 levels are in planning. Number subject to raise or lower.

I need some kind of something to come at the end of the game so it isn't another one of those "You won the game!" moments.

Besides, I'd like to see you guys try to beat the last level without modding anything 1266860576.png

Haha, can't wait to see what you come up with Lair!

Well... I need an idea for some prize at the end of the game... and I have a 120 foot monster living in a volcano with an army of....everything...

Which reminds me, do you think it's possible to make a monster generate other monsters? 1266860576.png

EDIT: Before anyone asks for images, I DO NOT have any of this codded. It's just an idea. But it will come... :P

Addictgamer

I think it is possible.

The rock monster generates tiny rock monsters,

Although, those are harmless.

If you change the properties of the tiny rock monster...You can exploit that.

Either way, I think there may be other methods for monsters to generate other monsters..

Not 100 % sure though :P

Addictgamer

Hey, I found this in a PTL file.

;	CrystalToRefineryComplete	GenerateRockMonster

This means that if we give it the appropriate event, then the action (GenerateRockMonster) will make a rock monster.

Worth a shot.

I'm going to test this now...

Hey, I found this in a PTL file.

;	CrystalToRefineryComplete	GenerateRockMonster

This means that if we give it the appropriate event, then the action (GenerateRockMonster) will make a rock monster.

Worth a shot.

I'm going to test this now...

So no more triggers.

Though this may need npl stuff.

But what about monsters making monsters?

Two new Slugs

Energy Slugs:

Color=Ice-ish Blue

Instead of Draining Crystals, It Obliterates them completely...Lair is currently Working on this

Can....Slither?....Over Water

DMG rates:

Laser-10

Freeze-2

Pusher-0

Infero Slugs

Color=Hellsih Red

Same Crystal Effect As The Energy Slugs

Can....Slither?...Over Lava

Hurts raiders ontouch

Scares Raiders

DMG Rates:

LAser-2

Freeze-2

Pusher-0

Elec. Fence: 20-50

Can only be killed By Electric Fence

The Inferno slugs could be a Underlining o the Final Boss, Or A Main enemy in the Bonus levels.....Perhaps they could behave like the PS1 Slugs.....Found sleeping in the walls?

• 2 weeks later...

thanks.

Oh hey that looks like a lase-

*rock monsters run away*

Testing Laser now...

YES!! IT WORKS!

EDIT:

med_gallery_47_16_128977.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How should I categorize levels by their difficulty (What kinds of levels are easy, hard, medium, moderate, advanced, etc.)

Anonymouse

Borders for their images?

Easy

Medium

Hard

Very hard

Yes it looks ugly here.

*goes off to make example just in case*

Forget that, now that I tried it I see that it's ugly implemented too.

Borders for their images?

Easy

Medium

Hard

Very hard

Yes it looks ugly here.

*goes off to make example just in case*

Forget that, now that I tried it I see that it's ugly implemented too.

...What... are you talking about...?

I'll ask again (and hope this time I get some real answers instead of...whatever it was)

I'm setting levels to have different amounts of difficulty. How are they set up by category (each category of difficulty has about howmany-howmany crystals needed, or #oflostRRs, #ofmonsters, difficulty of monsters, etc.) Basicly, in each category, what are the levels like?

Well lets say you had 6 tiers. That is you have 6 regions of planet layers with 10 levels in each layer (so 60 levels total, since that's about what you're planning).

1st tier, you have ice monsters

2nd tier, you have dirty-ice monsters (they look like they have rock/dirt embedded in the ice of their body)

3rd tier, you have rock monsters with small amounts of ice in them.

4th tier, rock monsters,

5th tier, hot-rock monsters (small traces of red glow)

6th tier, you have lava monsters (intense red glows in their rock)

Final level, you have the BOSS and the lava monsters.

Each tier represents how deep you are into the surface of Planet U.

---

Now, since each tier has different monsters, you can tweak their damage stats. I'd say they should be tougher to beat as you get deeper. (as for how many monsters should show up, I'd just randomize it within each tier)

You could do the same thing for slugs... anyways, that's my thoughts.

I also have an idea on how to make each tier have it's own worldtexture split, to match up with the monsters.... but first I need someone to help me. >_>

*random stuff*

...What... are you talking about...?I'll ask again (and hope this time I get some real answers instead of...whatever it was)

I'm setting levels to have different amounts of difficulty. How are they set up by category (each category of difficulty has about howmany-howmany crystals needed, or #oflostRRs, #ofmonsters, difficulty of monsters, etc.) Basicly, in each category, what are the levels like?

It doesn't represent depth anymore. I didn't ask about that, I just asked about "how much stuff was in each difficulty level and what they were." See above quote. I'll keep that in mind, but I'm just asking about the difficulty.

So again, I'm setting levels to have different amounts of difficulty. How are they set up by category (each category of difficulty has about howmany-howmany crystals needed, or #oflostRRs, #ofmonsters, difficulty of monsters, etc.) Basicly, in each category, what are the levels like?

EDIT: They're in rowns of 4

You mean how hard are the levels in your game now? I thought this was beta-testers only? /:|

I just thought you were asking for suggestions...

• Cyrem locked this topic