• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aki Dazrold

• Zjean

• Storm

• TheEPICtrainrider

You do so. After a while, you hear a sickening noise, and she falls back to the ground.

She remains there for a second, and then stirs, then tries to get back up.

You raise your sword, and lop her head clean off. It rolls a few feet, and comes to a stop.

Robert walks up to the head, and stomps it hard, crushing it into a visceral puddle.

You sheathe your sword, and pocket your gun. You take the note back out and keep reading:

To the Director:

I will have you know that the new formula you have provided me with has had mixed results, none of which desirable. Most people mutated, for lack of a better term, into grotesque forms of their previous bodies. A few had no obvious physical features that distinguished their mutation, but their behaviors changed drastically. These few were the only subjects that managed to survive the following day. The aforementioned majority turned into giant heaps of visceral matter that eventually died, while the latter group remained stable, as far as ability to be experimented upon goes. Few of them obtained the ability that your projections said they would have. Those that did, did so imperfectly.

Two such Cases from each scenario are as follows: Subject D14087 and Subject A98670, and Subject R34576 and Subject M12076, respectively. The former seemed to take on characteristics of animals you would find on Earth (Spider and Lizard, respectively), while the latter did not, but came closest to achieving our goal. While there were more than two subjects that showed signs of progress, the two subects mentioned here were particularly interesting. R34576's body seemed to combine the aforementioned visceral matter growth side effect with precisely what we hoped to accomplish. The result was frustrating, to say the least. It appears only his body was able to accomplish this effect. Any time we try to draw genetic material and transplant it into another host, the host is instantly killed. We are unable to determine an explaination for this phenomenon. Two other things stand out with this sublect: 1) Unlike all the other subjects that gained the desirable ability, this subject was the only one that retained it's sanity. This calls for more research. 2) For some reason, Nicotene has a normal effect on his body, but a magnified effect on the ability. For some reason, the approximate amount contained in a single cigarette will completely stop the ability for twenty seconds. We have yet to look into this.

The second Subject worth noting, M12076, appears to have taken the exact opposite effects of the mutation: It lost sanity, but did not take on the side effect of overgrowth. To be perfectly honest: on a physical level, this subject has exactly the desired qualities, but on a mental level, the opposite is true. Further research has been conduted, but the same thing happens in transplantation with this subject as does with R34576. This appears to be the only similarity between the two (immortality aside). Further studying will take place, but as of now no progress has been made.

There is one concern I have, however: X00001. This subject was one of three that did not receive treatment, by your request. My concern was that I have seen behaviors from this subject that are, to put it simply, highly coincidental if not impossible to be shown. The subject has occasionally mocked perfectly the behaviors or characteristics of other stable experiments. How this has happened, I do not know. I know for a fact that he did not receive the treatment in any way. We have been administering a special drug to him since the occurances to keep any possible undesirable reactions in check. I hope this doesn't anger you in any way.

Sincerely,

Paul M. Havershack,

Lead Scientist

You tell them about the letter. They both listen, silently. After you finish, Derek says, "That's.... interesting." Robert is silent.

i dunno what to do now.

lol! i did it at wrong time, but most efficient one! :D

too bad it doesn't have information about that girl. srsly? WTF IS SHE?

DUDE!

SHE WAS THE SUBJECT THAT GAINED THE IMMORTALITY BUT WENT CRAZY!(M12076)

ROBERT IS THE OTHER ONE THAT IMMORTALITY BUT DIDN'T GO CRAZY!!!(R34576)

DEREK IS THE SUBJECT THAT GOT THE SPIDER CHARACTERISTICS!!!(D14087)

THE THING THE THREE OF YOU KILLED EARLIER WAS THE LIZARD MAN!!(A98670)

AND YOU WERE THE LAST SUBJECT!!(!X00001)at least, i think you are...

DUH!

FREAKING PAY ATTENTION!

"So, any Ideas on what do we do now?"

"Keep exploring." Robert answers as he scrapes organic matter off his foot.

Derek retrieves his dagger, wipes it off, and resheaths it. "How about we go to your cell?" He suggests.

[sonic, that sword was shattered. I don't think you'll be able to mend that.]

"Okay, let's go."

Robert tears the medicine cabinet off the wall, and carries it under his arm. You leave the room, and backtrack (Back up the stairs, past the pasted body, into the hall with the dried up body of the lizard-guy). You go to the door where you think you came from. (page four on the old forum: http://forums.rockraidersunited.org/topic/1772023/4/ )

[i posted a link to the old forum where it happened in my previous post. You'll have to log in, though.]

You try to open the door, but it's locked. How did that happen?

• Cyrem locked and unpinned this topic