Mafia: The Game

Fluffy Cupcake

Fluffy Cupcake

Wow, out of 3 votes 2 are on me already? Oh my. Anyone else want to jump on the vote Xi wagon? :P

He knew the others were going for Xi, so he decided to do so as well.

Wow, aren't you heartless. You know I wasn't being serious right? >:(

Seriously, trying to 'fit in' with the crowd by doing what they are doing can raise up quite the suspicion on the one who does it. Don't think I don't have my eyes on you Mael St'ro, because I do.

Quisoves Potoo

Seriously, bandwagon jumping can raise up quite the suspicion on the one who does it.

Only the one who starts the bandwagon. Those who follow are never viewed with any particular suspicion for being Sheeple.

Fluffy Cupcake

Seriously, bandwagon jumping can raise up quite the suspicion on the one who does it.

Only the one who starts the bandwagon. Those who follow are never viewed with any particular suspicion for being Sheeple.

I reworded my message, but that point probably still stands. :P

Sure if this was a fad your words would apply, but this is something completely different, this is a murderous thing try to blend in with us. To know a murder machine, you have to think like one, which is what I'm trying to do here thank you very much.

Quisoves Potoo
I reworded my message, but that point probably still stands. :P Sure if this was a fad your words would apply, but this is something completely different, this is a murderous thing try to blend in with us. To know a murder machine, you have to think like one, which is what I'm trying to do here thank you very much.

I was confused by your wording. You seemed to be admonishing Mael, telling him that those who jump on bandwagons are often viewed with suspicion, when that is patently not the case, in my experience. I now see that you are suggesting that you in particular find bandwagon-jumping suspicious. To which I reply: It rather depends. Many folks blindly jump on bandwagons, despite not being murderers. One has to make decision informed by more factors than that.

Fluffy Cupcake

One has to make decision informed by more factors than that.

Well, I guess you're right. There isn't really anything wrong with the action itself.

Well to deal this sudden conversation end, I VOTE YOU QUIS!!! want a waffle? :wffl: NO THE REST OF YOU DON'T GET ONE, I WAS OFFERING IT TO  INNOCENTUS ONLY!!!

O.T.

In the past I thought that was seen as suspicious? Now that I think about it, that was only when they were trying to get the blame off them easily. Whoopsie.

One has to make decision informed by more factors than that.

Well, I guess you're right. There isn't really anything wrong with the action itself.

Well to deal this sudden conversation end, I VOTE YOU QUIS!!! want a waffle? :wffl: NO THE REST OF YOU DON'T GET ONE, I WAS OFFERING IT TO  INNOCENTUS ONLY!!!

O.T.

In the past I thought that was seen as suspicious? Now that I think about it, that was only when they were trying to get the blame off them easily. Whoopsie.

No Xiron, you are the Waffle.

No, really, you are. You're body was mostly destroyed in a space freighter accident, so your essence is story in a giant waffle-like computer chip thingy. All the colonists call you the Waffle. I'll post the image of the ldd model of you tommorow

• Like 4

when that is patently not the case, in my experience.

well no, your experience is with BZP mafia in which you can't move for the bandwagons... l405G.jpg

[/DeadAndIShouldn'tBeSayingThisButItWasJustTooGoodToPassUp] l405G.jpg

Where Mr. Pons was last seen there was now placed a note that was dutifully passed around the investigators of his and their potential murderer. It read "I'd had enough of your kung-fu tricks! PREPARE FOR ANNIHILATION!"

[/complimentaryBBCodethatstatesthatthatquoteisindeedaFreedomPlanetquote;WhatWereYouReallyExpectingSomethingFromTimeRaiders*LooksAtCire*OrSomething?]

• Like 2

So far the tally is:

Xi-3

Noghiri-1

Jimbob-1

P.T. and Xiron still need to vote. I will PM P.T and if he does not respond we will go on without him.

Also, I'm not sure if you people consider your votes final or not, so if they're not finalize them or change them.

Fluffy Cupcake

I vote for Mael St'ro, for thinking my defensive actions are suspicious, when I very much find his actions more suspicious than mine.

Nope, I'm not playing this over defensive game that you want me to play just so you can have a nit-picky reason to vote me, it will just get me into more trouble than I need to be to survive you crazy lot of people. I'll just stay calm and collected about the situation. If you guys want me gone, then that's fine by me. Though, maybe after this is all done and I return to you guys, granted I survive the temporal departure, maybe you guys can work on this trust issue you have with me, eh? Well, if you guys want my vote, I'm voting for Noghiri. Why? Well, why not?

Fluffy Cupcake

I'm voting for Noghiri. Why? Well, why not?

This is so hypocritical

No it ain't. The difference is that Noghiri had only one vote prior, and there was a big gap between votes, it didn't all come flowing in at once.

Fluffy Cupcake

Boy, tough crowd. Whenever I say words of self-defense you guys just take it as more of a reason to pick on me.

Put yourself in my shoes for a second. What if you were the guy being picked on at random and all you could do was play self-defense, but people found every single one of your words to be bull. How would you feel huh? Probably not so great. This is why I'm asking you guys to reconsider what you are all doing before jumping to any conclusions. Also, may I just add Fush that my identity picture has nothing to do with this. You've heard of the past right? Well I use to be part of the Universal Federal Union. I quit the job a few years ago, as I found my true passion in life, to be the best waffle maker across the galaxy!

Quisoves Potoo

Boy, tough crowd. Whenever I say words of self-defense you guys just take it as more of a reason to pick on me.

Sic est mobulus vulgus.

Sometimes, the best defense is a good offense. If you can provide a more compelling reason that someone else should die, then you will likely live another day.

Fluffy Cupcake

Sometimes, the best defense is a good offense. If you can provide a more compelling reason that someone else should die, then you will likely live another day.

Quis, how could you say such a thing towards me. You should know by now I'm not one to make someone lose their life without a reason.

Also, who said anything about death? Why can't they just be banished to a far away place? Hmmmmmm? We never even discussed the outcome of the one who gets voted out. Since you suggested such a thing, I think you like to see people die, such a matchable trait to the shape-shifting machine that is.

Quisoves Potoo
Quis, how could you say such a thing towards me. You should know by now I'm not one to make someone lose their life without a reason.

Saving one's hide is good enough reason for many a person, particularly on our homely colony.

Also, who said anything about death? Why can't they just be banished to a far away place? Hmmmmmm? We never even discussed the outcome of the one who gets voted out.

We have all been banished. There is nowhere else for any of us to go. And I'd rather not attempt to exile a shape-changing killer. If you want to, you have a death-wish.

We never even discussed the outcome of the one who gets voted out. Since you suggested such a thing, I think you like to see people die, such a matchable trait to the shape-shifting machine that is.

I find it amusingly ironic, though sadly predictable, that you, who was just bemoaning the hair-trigger accusations the others aimed at you, are now doing the same to me.

Though I still suspect Noghiri, you are, alas, making a greater case for your own guilt. It is with the anticipation of many a sleepless night that I finalize my vote for your execution.

MaelstromIslander

Put yourself in my shoes for a second. What if you were the guy being picked on at random and all you could do was play self-defense, but people found every single one of your words to be bull. How would you feel huh?

Okay that is very fishy, it sounds like you're playing pity poor me to deflect us... Also, you were holding a bag, its not "voting people randomly" if you're holding something suspicious.

Since you suggested such a thing, I think you like to see people die, such a matchable trait to the shape-shifting machine that is.

Trick Number 1 of a Mafia: Trying to get the blame on someone else so that you don't get voted. :P

Fluffy Cupcake

Trick Number 1 of a Mafia: Trying to get the blame on someone else so that you don't get voted. :P

Yes. Shall I tell you Mafia trick number 2? Stay in the shadows where no one will suspect you, now stop finding irrational excuses to put the blame on me. I bet the mafia is just laughing his butt off in the corner over there.

As great as it is to create this world and its inhabitants and act as though it's all really happening, it's also important to remember that this is just a game. In every game of Mafia someone's going to go first, and with the little information we have, it's likely people are all going to pile on one person to get the first round over with.

Fluffy Cupcake

it's also important to remember that this is just a game. In every game of Mafia someone's going to go first, and with the little information we have, it's likely people are all going to pile on one person to get the first round over with.

Sush you, quit breaking the 4th wall. We have a good in-game fight going on. ;P

You know, this 'voting to just get it over with' piling is not a good thing. It is brainless and can have severe consequences. You know how it goes: Those who don't think will end up in the sink. (I just made that up. xP)

I say, does this planet take 100 hours to rotate or something?

[read: HURRY UP YOU GUYS] l405G.jpg

[/imStillDeadButIThoughtIShouldSayThisAsThisSingle"Day"HasBeenGoingForWellOverThreeOfOurPettyEarthOnes]

Quisoves Potoo

You know, this 'voting to just get it over with' piling is not a good thing. It is brainless and can have severe consequences. You know how it goes: Those who don't think will end up in the sink. (I just made that up. xP)

Quite true, though I don't think that's what's going on right now. Jimbob voted for you three days ago, and everyone else so far has followed suit. I think that this is down, at least in part, to the fact that at this stage, we have very little idea of whom to vote for. Future executions (if there are any) will be more methodical.

Fluffy Cupcake

[read: HURRY UP YOU GUYS] l405G.jpg

GOTTAGOFAST

I'm voting Mael St'ro, as final.

Honestly, I'm trying to help you guys see the light of tomorrow, but you refuse anything I throw at you. While I can't throw any proof to make it up to you guys, what I can say as one of my last statements, is that I have no problem with Quis, he is quite the good fellow. ;)

P.S. You guys need to upgrade your hint detecting skills.

We still need nog, JJ, and PT's [final] votes.

Edit: An important question has come up from anonymous that concerns the current and all future mafia games.

A thought just occurred that I had never thought of before. Can the detective personally interact with someone they have inspected letting them know that he/she is on their side, with no side information attached? This would help cause unnecessary blind death to the one that tries and help the people.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.