Mafia: The Game

Fluffy Cupcake

Quisoves Potoo

In that case, seeing as we only have 5 players (unless the OP is really out of date), I'll wait. Because four actual players is not enough. l405G.jpg

I would imagine that folks are more likely to sign up if a game is imminent.

Fluffy Cupcake

I'll join, I guess.

Don't make a commitment you can't keep. Are you sure you're up to it?

(unless the OP is really out of date),

It is up to date.

Fluffy Cupcake

Yay!

You are actually higher up on the narration list than aidenpons Fush, I just wasn't sure how available you were.

I'll join, I guess.

Don't make a commitment you can't keep. Are you sure you're up to it?

I'm not going to host, so yes. Things have gotten significantly less stressful, having finally been accepted into a college etc. so I should be able to.

Oh well uh. I don't wanna take the job from him if he's already planning to do it next and you caught me off guard so I'm completely unprepared so I guess just... bump me down a slot and I'll do the round after this.

• Like 2

If you are still waiting for people to sign up, then put me down as a possible player. I say "possible" because it is likely I might either chicken out later even before the first attack or get too busy to play anymore. But now I understand how the game works, I am ready for it!

I think that depends on if everyone is ready? Now that the forums are back we should have no issue starting but the maintenance did throw people for a loop so there may be some people that either aren't aware that the forums are back, haven't adjusted to the changes, or haven't been checking in due to some things not being fully enabled yet. If that's not the case and everyone is here, then go ahead. But I'd wait a bit just in case, at least until we hear from everyone.

Fluffy Cupcake

I almost didn't notice there was a post in this subforum. It isn't very obvious aside from the topic title. The lit speech bubble icon doesn't do it for me.

Otherwise, I'm ready!

Okay, I guess I'll get started then.

(My excuse for being so late is "I usually have nice shiny little notifications that yell at me whenever somebody posted but they haven't been implemented yet )

Currently I'm debating between RRU MAFIA: MINECRAFT EDITION or RRU MAFIA: TERRARIA EDITION.

EDIT: Trying to get my tongues working

Edited by aidenpons

Currently I'm debating between RRU MAFIA: MINECRAFT EDITION or RRU MAFIA: TERRARIA EDITION.

​No. It must be RRU MAFIA: DWARF FORTRESS EDITION.

"Aidenpons cancels protect Quisoves too insane"

:rf: can be the symbol for dead characters. It would totally work.

• Like 1

​No. It must be RRU MAFIA: DWARF FORTRESS EDITION.

"Aidenpons cancels protect Quisoves too insane"

:rf: can be the symbol for dead characters. It would totally work.

​Unfortunately...

I have next to no knowledge of Dwarf Fortress. So I think I'll stick with Terraria. On the other hand, the narration queueueueueueueueue isn't too long...

Also, can all of you go in the chat? I need to allocate roles, and as I can't view the profiles of people but I can start private chats with you lot, that's the only way I can send information. However, I can only access that in the chat. (Xiron, I can just yell at you on Steam but I'd prefer to keep it on RRU so I know what I'm doing )

And I'll get a scene up soon.... soon is really the best I can say.

(For those who don't know what Terraria is, it's a 2D game where you run around mining/placing fighting random things. People have said it's a bit like Minecraft, but IMAO the similarity stops at "a bit." Just go look here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/105600/ )

aidenpons

The game is starting... ish. As I said, all of you need to go into the Chat so I can send you your roles. However, if I say the round begins, having allocated all necessary roles, you should be able to figure out what you are, if you haven't gone in the Chat.

I'm putting ^that^ up earlier so we don't get stuffed up again. For obvious reasons, I won't state who needs special roles.

I'll be using the Chat as much as I can to get moves/roles and the like, as PM's aren't up yet. I know you can't send a message while a person is offline, but I assure you that while I'm on the computer I will be on the RRU chat, insofar as that's possible

Of course, rant about who you want to kill off in this shiny topic here.

Terraria. A world of action, adventure, and dangers. Plenty of them.

Starting out on a fairly fresh world, with some players already gaining Tungsten weaponry, the group of hardcore* characters sought to survive.
The players decided to spread out rather than concentrate their strength.
One of them was planning to undermine them all...

I'll let you fight off slimes and choose your shiny nice new biomes (or I can give one to you... and there's no rule against houses in the Dungeon )

The day was still young and most people still had to get their roles because I'm a lazy slacker there was plenty of time left in the day for people to chop trees, fight slimes, squabble over ores, and so on. Nevertheless, night would approach.

*There are three game modes in Terraria: Softcore, Mediumcore, and Hardcore. The other two you can look up on the wiki, but a Hardcore character, when they die, they stay dead. Bye-bye character, items, and all. (Of course you can just then create a new one )

*cue failed BBCode and EDITEDITEDIT *

EDIT: Actually, everything seems to have worked (though I did my tongues a different way)

EDIT2:

I'm using The Ace Railgun as a form of message transfer because I can't easily get a hold of you. I've told her the roles, so if you get told "your role is the Doctor, what's your move" then something's not wrong, I'm just lazy and can't easily contact you all

(and yes very clever people will be able to work out who might have special roles by that but shhhhh )

Edited by aidenpons
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Night eventually fell, 10,080 game hours after the day began. I may or may not have been spamming the command for "dawn." l405G.jpg

MaelstromIslander had found a nice spot with some old bearded man outside. It was made out of bricks, and he'd tried throwing some bombs he found but they wouldn't blow up. He couldn't break them with his copper pickaxe, either. After discussing with the other members: one of which was prepared for his downfall: he decided to stay. After all, if he can't break it then neither would mobs.

He walled himself into this structure, and then noticed that now the old man was asking him about his curse (which he decided not to accept). More importantly, he'd spotted that the whole thing went down. What could be in there? Probably something only marginally more dangerous than green slimes.

He was wrong.

As he descended down, he took his time to pick up Lesser Healing Potions and various bits of furniture. He even found a Golden Key in a chest there. Terribly important.

He heard a deep growl, and this gigantic skull soared out of nowhere. Just before it impacted him, he saw its name and health: "Dungeon Guardian, 9999/9999"

MaelstromIslander's skull was crushed by Dungeon Guardian.

The sun rose again, on the now six members (I'm on, just using /god and an Unreal Tsunami* l405G.jpg), and they needed to debate over the culprit, lest one summon the Eye of Cthulu and log off, murdering them all.

(Tsunami: [rant] The most OP bow there is. 90+ damage, but that's not it: Consumes ONE arrow, but fires FIVE. Using Holy Arrows, which summon two stars to the point of impact, this summons TEN stars. All of which deal about 45 damage each. Extremely effective vs... anything... and using things that decrease the % chance of using an arrow makes it even better. Increasing damage is also a good thing to do, with other things. l405G.jpg [/rant] (The Flairon, the weapon in my hotbar at #2, deals less damage but is more OP because it spams HOMING bubbles with no cost, making it even better vs bosses because you don't need to aim and you can concentrate on dodging and running)

Day 2 began. Oh what's this? "A goblin army is approaching from the East!" Whoever gets voted to be killed off can single-handedly try to fight off those goblins.

Quisoves Potoo

Goblins, bah!

Most foes have the decency to act brave while they're killing you.

Not gobbos.

As the green-skins hack you to bits, they can't help but shout "How fleeting life is... Begone fear!" or "Death is all around us... The horror!" or "The battle rages! Aaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Anyhow, poor Mael. It was inevitable. He is really dead. I will not give into sadness.

The last time someone bumped him on the first night, Aiden was the Mafia, and seeing as he's the host, I'm going to vote Ben. He's got shifty eyes.

MaelstromIslander

ALRIGHT this is a line too far.

I hate being the first to die enough, but i can handle it, but DYING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT WHEN I'M ASLEEP AND I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THE TOPIC WAS ALIVE? No. I'm just going to jump out of this if this is going to happen frequently, and for the record, this is the second time (last time i was a detective on that cruise round, died in the middle of the night as well). I don't care if you guys have different timezones, you need to make sure that the first person to die is at least online because this is just ungodly.

It's not fun to wake up in the morning, cranky as heck, waiting for Mafia to finally return, and when it does you can't even play it. Why doesn't mafia just start in the day? Or a dummy character to die every night?

I'll explain more when i'm not in blistering rage. You're seriously taking the fun out of this game for me.

Edit: Sorry about the above, i got extremely mad about it, but i'm calm now. You don't have to modify the gameplay if you don't want to.

Edited by MaelstromIslander

...Dude. One word: timezones. This is an international forum. Middle-of-the-night posts happen, and they are not made that way to intentionally anger you. Look, aiden's and your posts both happened while I was sleeping! Am I going to get in a rage now because you two posted while I was asleep?

Additionally, the Mafia always strikes at night. It's how the game is played. Night is the perfect time for someone who does not want to be discovered to make their move. It does not happen that way just because you were the first to die this round.

Edited by le717
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.